Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Did anyone see the 70,s band Smokie play live ?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
No. But they were still touring till 2018 at least, so an awful lot of opportunities over the best part of the last 50 years.

Leosayer

Aug 25, 2011
Kent
Sadly yes as a 9 year old in Glasgow, it was the first band I saw.
Our school in Worthing had a Scottish headmaster who named all the classes after Scottish cities, towns and islands, we were in Glasgow. We had a project to find out about The city and had to write to the city council. Bizarrely the local council decided to invite a bunch of middle class kids on all expenses paid trip to the city which included staying in a 5 star hotel, tea with the Lord Provost and VIP tickets to see Smokie who were pretty big at that time. God knows what the locals made of us.
The trip was good but I hated that gig so much it put me off music for a long time - I don’t count this as the first gig I saw now and instead it’s really the Jam last but one gig at Wembley arena 1982!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Sadly yes as a 9 year old in Glasgow, it was the first band I saw.
Our school in Worthing had a Scottish headmaster who named all the classes after Scottish cities, towns and islands, we were in Glasgow. We had a project to find out about The city and had to write to the city council. Bizarrely the local council decided to invite a bunch of middle class kids on all expenses paid trip to the city which included staying in a 5 star hotel, tea with the Lord Provost and VIP tickets to see Smokie who were pretty big at that time. God knows what the locals made of us.
The trip was good but I hated that gig so much it put me off music for a long time - I don’t count this as the first gig I saw now and instead it’s really the Jam last but one gig at Wembley arena 1982!
Speaking of bizarrely, you hated Smokie yet your user name is Leo Sayer, not a million miles apart in musical taste. Unless you really are Leo or maybe Dave Courtney being a bit cunning???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here