Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] PC comes to Strictly

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wife’s must watch Saturday programme which I vaguely pay attention to.

I was SHOCKED to hear when singing along in my head to the Santana song Oye Como Va to find they had changed Mulata to Chiquita

WTF? Mulata is a word in Spanish meaning a woman with one white and one black (I genuinely don’t know the current acceptable term) parent. What’s the problem? I doubt any none Spanish speaking Brits even know the word.
Anyone care to explain how the word Mulata is offensive and needs changing?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

I was SHOCKED to hear when singing along in my head to the Santana song Oye Como Va to find they had changed Mulata to Chiquita

WTF? Mulata is a word in Spanish meaning a woman with one white and one black (I genuinely don’t know the current acceptable term) parent. What’s the problem? I doubt any none Spanish speaking Brits even know the word.

What's the problem? Well, I would say you had nailed it with the first bit of your thread title!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
" Strictly " is an absolute shitefest of bollocks, there is no audience allowed due to social distancing yet the squeals and whooping have been ramped up to almost intolerable levels..... there's NO ONE ****in there but that ****in squealing !!!!!!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Strictly. What's that? :shrug:

Take it's for wimin

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Strictly. What's that? :shrug:

Take it's for wimin

It is indeed but I confess to being quite impressed by some of the celebs dancing, I dip in and out mostly out though. Proper luvviefest mostly.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Man relax and enjoy the cute dancers

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017

I agree entirely with your first sentence which is why I’m unable to comment on the rest of your post.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Worth watching just for Bill Bailey, absolutely awesome tonight

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Javier Hernandez was a good squad player for Man Utd and West Ham (and it was a nice goal at The Amex in August of last year) but Strictly Come Dancing honouring him is a bit much.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sounds like there is a pack of Hyena's in there, the ****ing racket is awful... but, there's no one there ?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I think Shirley has been a bit OTT with her scoring, HRVY (me either) definitely wasn't worth a 10 and I'm not entirely convinced Bill Bailey was either.

Anton Du Beke's usual second-rate Bruce Forsyth impression isn't doing it for me either.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Mrs BN9 is watching this, I’m listening to The Cure with headphones on, I’ve just remembered why I usually go out drinking ( watching football) on a Saturday and forget to come home.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Because grrr and raaargh and how dare they?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I am imagining a Spanish Football forum, where a person is complaining about "Half Caste" being substituted in a song being played on a celebrity dance program on telly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here