Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Baby murder nurse case

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I’ve no idea why this particular case has generated so little reaction on NSC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-54930233

Is it due to becoming desensitised to such things? That seems improbable given that the charge is the murder of eight babies and attempt to do the same to ten more.

Is it because the story has become squeezed by personality politics (Trump, Cummings) and events? (Someone dropping out of Strictly had more air time on the BBC 6pm news last night than this case).

It’s not a criticism of anyone here, but given the (rightful) headlines in relation to the death of Peter Sutcliffe and the terrible things he did this case seems to have slipped under the radar and provoke little reaction.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Odd to say i know but photos of her don't look like a child murderer. I mean they never look like monsters, killers mostly are bland and banal, but she looks.... kind. As ever, can't judge a book by it's cover (whether she's innocent or guilty). Shocking crime to be accused of.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Another case of our law enforcements agencies’ ineptitude.

Isnt this latest one thats been made public based on new evidence and her third arrest? Maybe jumping the gun blaming the law enforcement. Its possibly a very complex matter and perhaps the law, not being medical practioners needed more testimony? Who knows. Just awful though

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I have read it, and immediately thought of Allit who is locked up in Rampton. Alleged killing of babies is such a horrific crime, that I didn’t feel I could start a thread on it.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Is it due to becoming desensitised to such things? That seems improbable given that the charge is the murder of eight babies and attempt to do the same to ten more.

Is it because the story has become squeezed by personality politics (Trump, Cummings) and events? (Someone dropping out of Strictly had more air time on the BBC 6pm news last night than this case).

It’s not a criticism of anyone here, but given the (rightful) headlines in relation to the death of Peter Sutcliffe and the terrible things he did this case seems to have slipped under the radar and provoke little reaction.

Personally, after Rebecca Leighton was wrongly accused of a similar crime, I feel it's better to let justice take it's course before I chip in.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I understand why the OP is askance about this.

Here is my take.

1. It isn't muslimy
2. It isn't Brexitty
3. She's white
4. Nothing to see here.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill

When I heard it as being a dad to two daughters I felt sick. It was in my mind to post if a thread came up but I didnt feel it ne essay. To me some things I don't honestly want to even think about yet alone talk about. Those poor parents.:down:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Here is my take.

1. It isn't muslimy
2. It isn't Brexitty
3. She's white
4. Nothing to see here.

The above.

The accused lady is white with a slightly middle-class air about her.

There are a some folk who might start threads on this but would be inclined to apply the 'innocent until proven guilty' foundation of law appropriately in her case.

Which, of course, is the correct way of doing things.

Allitt wasn't blessed with her features and was a lesbian so would probably have been afforded less slack.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Going by this guardian article it seems there have been press restrictions etc, these may have been in place for ages while the Police carried out investigations.
Probably why the story isnt mainstream with everyone chucking their opinions in.
Doesnt seem to be any evidence that its because she isnt muslimy, isnt brexity (how do you know) or she is white......as alluded by a poster

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...th-murdering-eight-babies-remanded-in-custody

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
It's weird that just as one of the most notorious serial killers shuffles off. In all probability, a new notorious serial killer emerges.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Last edited:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
One aspect of the Allitt case which I was previously unaware of was that before it was discovered that she was responsible the parents of one of the babies she had murdered had been so grateful for the devotion she had shown their child that they asked Allitt to be godmother to the dead baby's twin sister who Allitt had also attempted to murder but failed, but who ended up with severe brain damage as a consequence due to oxygen deprivation.

Adding to the tragedy was the fact that she was only admitted to the hospital merely as a precaution following the death of her twin sister who Allitt had murdered but which had been wrongly diagnosed as cot death.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

Here is my take.

1. It isn't muslimy
2. It isn't Brexitty
3. She's white
4. Nothing to see here.

You missed the most important one........the dead babies were white. Dead black babies matter much more, and even more so if they can be photographed (say) washed up on a coastline.

Had they been black we would have a campaign by footballers, tv celebrities, tv specials, a cenotaph, and football matches would be proceeded by the players curling up in a foetal position on the pitch as a sign of solidarity.

I’m disappointed, I thought you knew better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here