⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Dead. He won't be missed.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I don’t know: He was a bloody good lorry driver.

D

Deleted member 2719

Perhaps covid should be introduced to all murderers.

The guy was scum.

He branded beards for me as just for weirdos.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

D

Deleted member 2719

riiiiight.

I am not sure how old you are, but Sutcliffe was committing these horrible crimes when I was at an impressionable age. His face on the news every day wearing that beard, he was the only person I could associate beards with at the time.

I have always believe grow a beard if you weird, it masks your deceit. Look at Corbyn for example, another serial beard wearer.

What have you been up to then Klass???

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Like Lear, the wonder is that he has endured so long - I felt sure that someone was going to have a pop at him when he was locked up.

I was living in Bradford when he was operating and the climate of fear that he engendered was horrifying. I normally don't want to see people dead but I'll make an exception in his case

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I normally don't want to see people dead but I'll make an exception in his case

^^ this.

Meanwhile, I'd normally caution on a death thread to keep it respectful. In this case can we keep it celebrating the demise of a bloke who should have gone years ago? Page 1 and people were already trying to drag it into the Bear Pit over the wearing of beards.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
^^ this.

Meanwhile, I'd normally caution on a death thread to keep it respectful. In this case can we keep it celebrating the demise of a bloke who should have gone years ago? Page 1 and people were already trying to drag it into the Bear Pit over the wearing of beards.

How’s yours coming along ? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Like Lear, the wonder is that he has endured so long - I felt sure that someone was going to have a pop at him when he was locked up.

I was living in Bradford when he was operating and the climate of fear that he engendered was horrifying. I normally don't want to see people dead but I'll make an exception in his case

He was attacked several times in prison, losing his sight from one assault.
Like you, I was living in West Yorkshire, working for YEB, but having to visit houses. It was terrifying. All evening activities for women were cancelled, with the police almost forcing a curfew for women. That fear has come back to mind this morning, so imagine how the families of the victims must feel.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Like you, I was living in West Yorkshire, working for YEB, but having to visit houses. It was terrifying. All evening activities for women were cancelled, with the police almost forcing a curfew for women. That fear has come back to mind this morning, so imagine how the families of the victims must feel.

Yep, he barely affected me (I was questioned twice by the police but they were five minute chats, pretty much every male in Bradford was questioned) but female friends of mine were terrified, Sutcliffe had a huge impact on their social lifes. It's hard to convey to people who weren't there what the atmosphere was like.

I feel for you, having to relive that experience.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
^^ this.

Offended over a comment about beards?? :lolol::lolol:

D

Deleted member 2719

^^ this.

You take this job of mod, far to seriously GB.

Come on this day is a day to celebrate for all those victims.

I too do not wish death on anyone but this guy was a real wrong-un.

D

Deleted member 2719

I wasn't even close to Yorkshire and feel it, so I feel you pain today, it must have been an awful time.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
The issue now will be his disposal, as with Ian Brady and the Manchester Bomber, every funeral director approached will decline as will every municipal authority and private crematorium or cemetery, the aforementioned two were eventually cremated at a private government site, hopefully lessons will learnt and it will be done this time within days rather than weeks.

The other thing I do take issue with the continued media coverage, yes the majority of his victims were 'working girls', but they were all women, so why can't they leave it at that and just say he killed innocent women.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here