Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Sadomasochistic lock down rituals.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
For absolutely no reason what so ever [not strictly true as I’ve decided this is the difference to my running times being good or shite for my age/size] I’ve decided to give up refined sugar for lockdown 2, the revenge.

What other similarly stupid ideas have you all embarked on?

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
For absolutely no reason what so ever [not strictly true as I’ve decided this is the difference to my running times being good or shite for my age/size] I’ve decided to give up refined sugar for lockdown 2, the revenge.

I too have given up on refined sugar. Coffee at the same time, too. 5 days in and I'm driving my girlfriend bonkers.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I've run every day since just before lockdown 1.

Today is day 241.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

What is this ‘running’ you speak of

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
I’m having a dry lockdown (with the last drink having been consumed watching the Spurs game).

Only 3 weeks to go.

Feel great for it !

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I too have given up on refined sugar. Coffee at the same time, too. 5 days in and I'm driving my girlfriend bonkers.

So you're getting oats instead

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

I’ve stuck to coffee and one of my rule bends is to add maple syrup to it when I have a real craving. Bloody amazing flavour.

Any tips for snacks?

Weve got a two year old so dinner is often early which means I almost invariably reached for the sweet snacks around 8/8.30 when she finally goes to sleep and I’m struggling with constant fruit or nuts.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I gave up alcohol in the last lockdown and lost 2 stone. I felt absolutely amazing and looked great. [emoji3]
After lockdown back on the beer and the 2 stone goes back on.
Not had a drop of alcohol this lockdown. Starting to feel a bit better and lost 3lb in first week. I am determined to lose the weight and keep it off this time. So some sort of exercise, I currently don't do any, hoping to get on bike tomorrow. Once lockdown is over, only once a week on the beer, if I want to.

It's funny thing about feeling better with no alcohol, when I was drinking I didn't think I felt bad or lethargic or anything. I also rarely get hangovers. So when I did lose the 2 stone (I'm about 2.5-3 stone overweight) the difference I felt was absolutely stunning. Even in my prime, playing footy twice a week, training once or twice a week, I don't remember thinking I felt this good. Its what you're used to I suppose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here