Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Ifttt

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Here's one for the techno phoebes among us. IFTTT have gone from a free site to a pay site.
Who? you may ask. IFTTT, If This Then That, is an app that links things, in my case Hue lights, and if a certain criteria happens then something else happens.
It doesn't effect the normal usage of Alexa, but if you want your lights to flash when the ISS goes overhead, or turn yellow when it snows or blue if Brighton score a goal, then this is a must have app.
It's the end of the world, except I wont know as my lights aren't flashing.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
It may be a bit old-school to you young hipster Alexa users, but have you tried entering "ifttt alternatives free alexa" into Google? Seems to be plenty of answers there.
I s'pose you could also try asking Alexa for any recommendations...

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I like the way you can use it to set the heating and lighting to go up or down in time with the stock market. Causes no end of arguments in my house for some reason.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
You can have 3 applets on the free account so as my wife and I both have accounts that covers what we've used it for so far. If the alternatives don't work you could try setting up more than one account?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
How have I lived this long without such wonders.

It's the end of the world having to pay for something that 99.9% of the world can do without.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
How have I lived this long without such wonders.

It's the end of the world having to pay for something that 99.9% of the world can do without.

But now you know about it how do you feel? Missing out or like me couldn’t give a ****

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here