Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Have you ever found anything and kept it?

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
Has anyone ever found anything in a skip or on the pavement and kept it

I once found a really nice waterman pen on the way to school once I kept it for a while.

I also this year found a really nice painting in a skip in my village.

What is your find?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Some bar stools from a skip.
A catering pack of soy sauce.
Several girlfriends.

thedeadone

Jan 17, 2005
West Sussex
Found a 4th Gen iPod nano about 10 years ago in a muddy puddle in a field.it cleaned up ok and worked fine after setting it up in iTunes.
Still working now but rarely used.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
What is it with skips ? We have one on our driveway ( loft conversion) and I can't help having a quick look every day to see if theres anything in it.

When we bought our haouse we had a skip, for the kitchen extension, people were removing stuff as fast as we could put it in!

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
What is it with skips ? We have one on our driveway ( loft conversion) and I can't help having a quick look every day to see if theres anything in it.

When we bought our haouse we had a skip, for the kitchen extension, people were removing stuff as fast as we could put it in!

I think it's the anticipation of finding something that could be worth loads like a lot of people seem to do on Antiques Roadshow.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
The Cup Final money

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
About fifty grand in cash, located in a bag just outside Wembley Stadium, sometime around late May 1983.

Gaaaaaah: too late!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
£50 note by my car on a saturday morning - kept it :whistle:
£20 note stuck to my front bumper after driving from Lancing to Merton - kept it :drink:
A wallet full of euros probably about 300 in Hamburg on the reeperbahn, went to the police station and handed it in. punish:
A bag full of weed found near dome, kept it and gave it to a friend (not my idea of fun) :sick:
A bag full of e's in a club in Kentish town, kept it :flypig:
A few wraps of Speed in the toilets Camden, kept it :thumbsup:
A 6ft x3ft glass mirror stood up next to a skip in Tottenham that had a chip out of the side, kept it and took it to a glass cutter and got him to cut me a full length coffin shape, I still have it. :cool:
A 1960's small retro bar original, kept it and sold it to a trader in Brick Lane for £40 :rave:
A wallet with about 10 lottery tickets in it, no money or id on the street, kept the tickets and checked them £10 winner :p
A bag in pub left, pair of Levis waist 32 vintage look and two t-shirts - kept part after discussing with landlord he had the t-shirts and I had the jeans. punk:

think that's it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Last year, found a handbag with a purse and a mobile hanging out of the top, left in an empty aisle at Waitrose, Hove.

Took it home.

Not really. Took it to customer services IN TACT, where a very old and upset lady was reporting her loss of the bag. Virtue signalling, it was nice to make her happy.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Found a fiver in Woolworths in St James’ Street, bought a Madness single and a poster of Adam Ant with it :lolol:

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Found a virtually brand new Samsung mobile on a bench at the seaside in Somerset a couple of years back. Was trying to find a local police station to hand it in when the said phone rang. Arranged to meet up and hand it over to a very relieved young lady, her partner insisted we took a small reward as a thank you. We refused, he refused to accept our reply and so we spent it on goodies at a local foodie festival. :drool:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Oh I forgot this one, I was sat in a pub in camden with a few mates and fight broke out between two old navies drunk as skunks and one of them hit the other with a chair and knocked him over, blood everywhere and the old guy got helped to his feet and proceeded to mumble about his false teeth, blood pouring from his mouth, he was a particularly nasty old grump, racist and sexist chap, you know the kind, probably got what was coming to him....
Anyway we left the pub shortly after, and went to the Dublin Castle prior to a gig there, my mate got the drinks in and we sat down, I produced the old fellas false teeth that slid my way after getting knocked out.... kept em, still got em somewhere in my memory box

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
My ex took me on a yoga retreat. I found myself. Kept it for about 4 hours before losing it again.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I was working in a hotel and found $550 in a envelope underneath a mattress. I handed the money to the housekeeping manager. I was informed that if no one claimed the money within 100 days it was mine to keep.

I checked after 90 days and I was told it was still unclaimed. I checked after 100 days and I was told it was claimed yesterday. I believe that the housekeeping manager took the money. I was honest and it did not pay off :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here