Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Have you ever won a competition?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I have won a number of competitions in the past ranging from several sweepstakes for major sporting events to Lyme Regis News contributor of the year in 1998.

20201111_130932.jpg

Steve, from Selby won a notable competition recently, but what have you ever won??

???

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Never enter them, except Lotto.

But about ten years ago I made a one sentence review of something on Which? online, not knowing there was a random prize, and £600 of John Lewis vouchers arrived with our post one day.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I won Imran Khan's autobiography in a Radio Sussex question competition. Not sure why I entered as I gave it away.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Second prize in naming top three Albion players of the year competition in 1979. Won £100 in Rediffusion vouchers (handed to me on the touch line pre match ) and bought myself a stereo cassette/radio.

Mark Lawrenson was player of the year, can’t remember the other two.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I have won a number of competitions in the past ranging from several sweepstakes for major sporting events to Lyme Regis News contributor of the year in 1998.

View attachment 130363

Steve, from Selby won a notable competition recently, but what have you ever won??

???
Name the new leisure centre in Selby. And the winner is "Selby leisure centre"! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I won ring side seats to Chris Eubank/Dan Sherry.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I won some Football Ramble merch after describing Colin Hawkins substitute on, penalty, sending off at Withdean.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I won a colour TV in a raffle
I won an album on a Radio Brighton competition
I won a voucher at the Albion shop when I was the circled fan in the programme (and the time of the first goal once)
I've twice won a Stars in their Eyes type competition (once as David Bowie, once as Shirley Bassey). I got a bottle of champagne first time and a new mobile phone in the second
I've won a few prizes at pub quizzes over the years

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I won first prize in a raffle at St Nick's junior school in Portslade in 1967. Unfortunately I couldn't find the ticket so they awarded first prize to the next number drawn. And so on. Eventually I did find the ticket in my pocket. They gave me a cake. I was distraught..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here