Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Covid Secure Christmas

What covid secure measures are you contemplating taking for Xmas?

• Mandatory face masks indoors in your home

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Provide cleaning stations for visitors

• Eating xmas dinner/holding get-togethers outdoors

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Taking a covid test before any get togethers

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Ordfering in extras litres of hand snitizer

• Thoroughly sterilising your home between guests

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Employing the rule of six on number of visitors

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • Asking guests to bring their own crockery and cutlery

• No, I'm sticking to my own covid secure bubble for xmas

Votes: 37 74.0%
  • Having a digital Xmas, lunch over zoom etc

Votes: 6 12.0%

• Total voters

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020
Which measures will you be employing to ensure you can have as normal a festive period as possible with friends and family??

???

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If anyone has a spare seat at the table let me know, I am on my own this xmas !

And hopefully I will be jabbed by then so I can go anywhere... maybe....

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Just me, the missus, and the 2 boys this year....

Apart from sticking to the hand washing routine religiously, we wont need to take any measures (except maybe the whisky!) :wink:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The way I see it. This xmas is a write off. I'm going to forget it's happening then I'm going to really appreciate the one next year, in the same way I'm going to really appreciate all the things that I've taken for granted, like going to football etc

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Where is the option for "ignoring the whole hideous thing completely"?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
We're in a support bubble for the mother-in-law so we'll be isolating for two weeks prior so we can go spend Christmas with her. Otherwise she's on her own and that doesn't sit right with either of us.

Should be easy enough as I work from home and the Mrs will be taking her remaining holiday.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Where is the option for "ignoring the whole hideous thing completely"?

Thats what I was thinking . . . . Hopefully the weather will be clement enought to facilitate a pleasant walk with the dog, a decent meal music and wine, that will suffice, it has done every other year, in fact does most days!

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Come raand. :xmas:

person-protective-suit-against-chemical-bacteriological-virus-attacks-protective-suit-against-ch.jpg

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What a thoroughly depressing poll. Ho Ho Ho

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
No special measures. Just being anti-social as usual.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I'll be spending Christmas on my own, I'm ok with that. I was hoping to come back for the first time in 3 years, but given the current situation with UK being classified as a high risk country, I just can't work with the quarantine rules.

I kind of see it as a short term pain, for long term gain, with a hopeful anticipation of a vaccine early next year.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It’s a really difficult one this as Domina Ovidius works in a school and therefore is exposed to 60 kids and their parents or guardians.

She has two elderly parents so may not be able to see them in their home as now, but will cook them a Christmas meal and we will deliver it.

Hoping to see both daughters over the period.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Who knows, we haven't got out of Lockdown 2 yet.

With this Government, it could be anything, from Lockdown 2 continuing to forget about the virus and go where you like between Xmas Eve and New Years Day and we'll worry about the new spike in the middle of January when it comes.

Although fully expecting to be at home with the wife and a tin of spam for Christmas Dinner.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Who knows, we haven't got out of Lockdown 2 yet.

With this Government, it could be anything, from Lockdown 2 continuing to forget about the virus and go where you like between Xmas Eve and New Years Day and we'll worry about the new spike in the middle of January when it comes.

Although fully expecting to be at home with the wife and a tin of spam for Christmas Dinner.
SPAM is underrated!

I quite often drop some spam into an egg sandwich.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Normal christmas. I will go to my grandma to see her, my mother, her brothers and their wives and kids, we will eat dinner and watch Donald Duck and drink a bit of snaps. Going to isolate myself a week or so before going there but other than that, no special measures.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Normal christmas. I will go to my grandma to see her, my mother, her brothers and their wives and kids, we will eat dinner and watch Donald Duck and drink a bit of snaps. Going to isolate myself a week or so before going there but other than that, no special measures.
Do you celebrate on 24th?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here