Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Water quality - Worthing/Ferring area

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We have noticed that our water seems to have become very chemical over the last few days. Coffee from our Nepresso machine is almost undrinkable, and the water from the tap tastes and even smells chemical

Anyone else noticed this?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You know what - glad you posted this. I cleaned my whole sink, drainer, taps etc with fairly strong cleaner on Saturday so kind of assumed it was left over from that - but I have noticed a bit of a smell. We filter water anyway so hadn't noticed the taste, but did the smell.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Coffee from our Nepresso machine is almost undrinkable

:lolol: #middleclassproblems

I've lived in Worthing for just over 3 years now and it does seem a much higher alkaline area than Brighton. Not noticed anything chemically though.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Lol...my butler was mentioning this last night....cook hasn’t said anything though...she’s sacked

It is just not right though, my valet now uses bottled water in the iron when preparing my morning suit

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I notice a chlorine bleachy type smell when I have a cold shower,if I turn it to hot temperature then I can't smell it.
Is yours a similar smell? chloriney type smell?

Exactly that and pretty strong too, the water tastes awful

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Southern quote that their water comes mainly from the chalk aquifer (70%), so it's VERY hard, which will give it a harsh taste, but I'm not sure why the taste or smell would change. 30% comes from river and reservoirs, so maybe there's some variability there?

https://www.southernwater.co.uk/wat...of our supply,reservoirs owned by the company.

Given how shite the EA are at protecting rivers, maybe the rivers aren't clean anymore?

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Exactly that and pretty strong too, the water tastes awful

I had a quick look online and it seems adding chlorine is quite normal for some water companies in the final treatment process but if it's really strong then they may have put too much in.
There is nothing on the southern water website but Maybe worth contacting southern water to see what's afoot.
It certainly should not be so bad it's undrinkable so must be a problem somewhere.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Water companies use Chlorine to disinfect the pipes and kill bugs so the drinking water is safe.

Some claim it is good at protecting children's teeth from decay?

Conspiracy theorists "think" it destroys the skeptical parts of the brain and make it easier for the Illuminati to control you?

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Water companies use Chlorine to disinfect the pipes and kill bugs so the drinking water is safe.

Conspiracy theorists "think" it destroys the skeptical parts of the brain and make it easier for the Illuminati to control you?

I fear you may be confusing chlorine with fluoride.

May 5, 2020
Sussex

I understand it's fluoride that calcifies the pineal gland or third eye chakra.
It's certainly something to be concerned about.
Chlorine I think is used to kill bugs but I did wonder have they upped the dosage to give us all a human version of a sheep dip first thing in the morning to fight the virus.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I live in Findon but work in Worthing. I have noticed a strange taste in the Worthing water too, but not at home in Findon. I can't believe they are different supply though?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here