Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who are the lucky ones inside the ground on match days?

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Whenever I see a match on TV it makes me wonder who are the people who can still get in.

Obviously Players, Management, Coaching, Medical and Grounds teams. Stewards, Ball boys, cleaners, Caterers and a few Police. But who else? Do the Directors still get invited or should they 'work from home' and watch it on TV.

I saw a Wolves match recently and there was an old ex Player watching from a lounge. Surely it should be absolute minimum attendance?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I spoke to someone the other day who is a Swansea fan who knows the owners. The Directors are allowed to bring a certain number of guests I believe and he has been to a couple of games as a result. I would be surprised if we weren't the same.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
I spoke to someone the other day who is a Swansea fan who knows the owners. The Directors are allowed to bring a certain number of guests I believe and he has been to a couple of games as a result. I would be surprised if we weren't the same.

Defeats the object of a lockdown really then. No supporters allowed unless you know the chosen few.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Certainly catches my wife out, watching the Everton v Utd game, it looked like one part of the ground was almost full, I had to try and explain who these people were.

Some maybe journalists, radio and tv people also.

SAC

May 21, 2014
It's 300 in total. 74 in the red zone and the balance in the green or amber zones. 138 go to the media (inc 98 to tv) and the balance to the clubs for staff.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

... wow that is pretty much unheard of! Heard any dirt?

Whenever I see a match on TV it makes me wonder who are the people who can still get in.

Obviously Players, Management, Coaching, Medical and Grounds teams. Stewards, Ball boys, cleaners, Caterers and a few Police. But who else? Do the Directors still get invited or should they 'work from home' and watch it on TV.

I saw a Wolves match recently and there was an old ex Player watching from a lounge. Surely it should be absolute minimum attendance?

About ex-players.. a lot of clubs have a few ex players employed for pretty vague reasons. As "ambassadors" or whatever, meaning that the Wolves ex player might be some guy who goes to sponsor events and says "hi I'm going to tell you my top ten Jody Craddock anecdotes before I **** off and return to obscurity". I'm guessing that if they want to go to games, the clubs could probably find a way to get them in.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
David Moyes was at the Arsenal vs Aston Villa game yesterday. Presumably because he didn't want to pay the £14.95 to see it at home.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Directors can attend all games , limited on guests though because of total numbers restricted overall in the ground . The usual high quality spread in the directors box , hot roast beef carved by the chef with all the trimmings , hot salmon & lots of other great choices have been greatly pared back due to COVID .

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Are there any caterers at these matches? :shrug:

I'm pretty sure it has been reported that journalists had to take their own food and drink during Project Restart. Doubt things are different this season. Who would the caterers be catering to?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Are there any caterers at these matches? :shrug:

I'm pretty sure it has been reported that journalists had to take their own food and drink during Project Restart. Doubt things are different this season. Who would the caterers be catering to?

Players and coaching staff etc ....? I know in the women’s championship home teams still have an obligation to lay on post-match food for visiting teams, coaching staff, officials etc.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch

Did any EPL club actually still have police within the ground back when fans were still attending?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here