Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Time for another meaningless moronic international break

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Lets begin with the good things:
- No Alzate for Colombia and no Trossard (injured) for Belgium. Good.

Lets continue with the bad things:
- There is a pandemic in the world and travelling around in it for no plausible reason is idiotic. FIFA = idiots. National FAs = idiots. National governments making exceptions for sport stars = idiots. Players = idiots.
- There will be no integrity whatsoever in these games. I.e. Denmark had to call up nine new players today because some governments did not make the idiotic decision to allow sport stars and because a lot of players are infected themselves or got infected team mates.
- The tight schedule is ridicilous and got a large impact on the quality of football.
- Its ****ing dull. Feels like the national teams are playing every other week and that every single game means absolutely nothing.
- As for you and me, no one wants to watch Southgate's England and no one wants to watch current Sweden.

All that said... any upsides? Looking forward to any games?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Not a fan, but assuming England v Ireland goes ahead, we could see up to 3 Albion players taking on England, which will be worth a watch.

Agree on stupid schedule and silly in current virus world.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Well we have Northern Ireland & Scotland in the play offs

Might be unpopular on here,but I'd like to see them both win

Then Portugal v France, knowing how much the French hate losing to the Portuguese, I'll be watching that one

And of course, always cheer on England

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Nations League should have been suspended for this year due to the pandemic. A totally unnecessary risk

However, UEFA have their nose in the trough and the broadcasting deals have been signed off on, so no chance at all of this happening.

Champions League and Europa League shouldn't be going ahead either, but they are even bigger cash cows

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Gives Potter time to learn some more in readiness to win a few points, maybe.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Chance for a couple of the lads to shag some local Tinder talent while they’re away from the missus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 5, 2020
Sussex
It's one of those that's great for the fans if you can get a ticket, especially if it's away. and it's a good TV spectacle seeing the teams play Infront of the fans for the atmosphere.
But in the current covid situation, obviously the fans can't go and it seems an unnecessary risk to have players traveling to another country to play and potentially risk our already safe but very fragile domestic game.
And without the fans at the stadium it's not worth watching on tv anyway.
I agree with those that say internationals should have been stopped completely.

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Mostly lost interest in International football. Feels an age of a gap between Albion games. It is also spread out over too many days for my liking.

Falmer Wizard

Jun 23, 2020
Nations League should have been suspended for this year due to the pandemic. A totally unnecessary risk

However, UEFA have their nose in the trough and the broadcasting deals have been signed off on, so no chance at all of this happening.

Champions League and Europa League shouldn't be going ahead either, but they are even bigger cash cows
You are Spot On !!!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Footballers shouldn't be flying off to foreign parts to play football until Covid is under some sort of control - sod the Europa League (or whatever it's called), the Champions League and UEFA cup (or whatever that's called); should all have been cancelled until next season, end of.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Are many Villa players involved in the games? Let's hope they all get injured. Except Mings, obviously. I feel our chances will be greatly improved if he plays.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Lets begin with the good things:
- No Alzate for Colombia and no Trossard (injured) for Belgium. Good.

Lets continue with the bad things:
- There is a pandemic in the world and travelling around in it for no plausible reason is idiotic. FIFA = idiots. National FAs = idiots. National governments making exceptions for sport stars = idiots. Players = idiots.
- There will be no integrity whatsoever in these games. I.e. Denmark had to call up nine new players today because some governments did not make the idiotic decision to allow sport stars and because a lot of players are infected themselves or got infected team mates.
- The tight schedule is ridicilous and got a large impact on the quality of football.
- Its ****ing dull. Feels like the national teams are playing every other week and that every single game means absolutely nothing.
- As for you and me, no one wants to watch Southgate's England and no one wants to watch current Sweden.

All that said... any upsides? Looking forward to any games?

Agree totally.
Do away with them during the season.
Shorten the league season and have them at the end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here