Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Fitting a dual fuel cooker

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Anyone know anyone local who can do this?

Just needs hooking up to the gas and connected to the cooker switch.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
5 minute job

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
If it's a bayonet fitting it's just push and your all set. The wiring up is very simple, L/N/E. Power off first!

If those two feeds are present I'd go as far as an NSC first . . . . . . a sub 5 minute job

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If it's a bayonet fitting it's just push and your all set. The wiring up is very simple, L/N/E. Power off first!

Thanks.

I’m happy to do the electrical bit but I’ve not messed with gas before.

I’ll take a look at the fitting.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
If it is a bayonet, then its as simple as fitting a light bulb . . . . turn the gas off first, a bit of washing up liquid/water to check for leaks after . . . . .

contrary to popular NSC belief a zippo is not the correct leak test method :rolleyes:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
If it is a bayonet, then its as simple as fitting a light bulb . . . . turn the gas off first, a bit of washing up liquid/water to check for leaks after . . . . .

contrary to popular NSC belief a zippo is not the correct leak test method :rolleyes:

Well ventilated area it is fine

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
What size cable you thinking of using?

I haven’t picked up the cooker yet but there is, what looks like, a 6mm cable hanging out the back in the photo. I just need to get this wired into the cooker plate.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Thanks for the tips.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Buy a can of leak detector for the gas.
Easy peezy if it’s a bayonet fitting

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Got a plumber (a mate) in to do mine....he said it can be done DIY but......

-plumber will use the right sealant
-test for leaks
-check all relevant clearances etc
-be able to identify/deal with any other issues (not that unusual for even new cookers to have faults)

Wasn’t actually a 5 minute job when he did it, had to replace one of the fittings/the gas pipe and do something with the wiring too.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill

Gas Police turned up..

Unlikely to have the hose even delivered with cooker, and definitely not fitted to cooker when it arrives. The cooker will have it's own instructions on the way flex hose 'hangs' to route away from hot parts, not get in way when it gets pushed back, and not drag on floor etc.

and we haven't talked about the stability chain yet have we.. ?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Got a plumber (a mate) in to do mine....he said it can be done DIY but......

-plumber will use the right sealant
-test for leaks
-check all relevant clearances etc
-be able to identify/deal with any other issues (not that unusual for even new cookers to have faults)

Wasn’t actually a 5 minute job when he did it, had to replace one of the fittings/the gas pipe and do something with the wiring too.

Gas Police turned up..

Unlikely to have the hose even delivered with cooker, and definitely not fitted to cooker when it arrives. The cooker will have it's own instructions on the way flex hose 'hangs' to route away from hot parts, not get in way when it gets pushed back, and not drag on floor etc.

and we haven't talked about the stability chain yet have we.. ?

My advice to the OP........ Read above posts.
And if you are calling a plumber please make sure they are Gas Safe Registered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here