Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Bear Grylls

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The serial bullshitter and proven charlatan has just been on Sky News talking about "building success".

Why is this incomparable waste of space ever given airtime on tv and radio?

His actual idea of "building success" is to build an entire career out of lying.

Quite surprising that he didn't pop up at a Trump rally with Nige.

When there are so many British people who have actually achieved amazing things in the fields of mountaineering, climbing, exploration and protecting the environment, it's depressing that a complete fraud is the one who's raking in the cash.

I guess it's just an easy "go to" for news agencies because of the sly *******'s "brand". It's a shame.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I always thought he was quite a good egg. Genuine question, what he been bullshitting about?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The serial bullshitter and proven charlatan has just been on Sky News talking about "building success".

His actual idea of "building success" is to build an entire career out of lying.

When there are so many British people who have actually achieved amazing things in the fields of mountaineering, climbing, exploration and protecting the environment, it's depressing that a complete fraud is the one who's raking in the cash.

I guess it's just an easy "go to" for news agencies because of the sly *******'s "brand". It's a shame.

Bopped your missus?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I always thought he was quite a good egg. Genuine question, what he been bullshitting about?
Ha ha. Everything.

He was a barely adequate mountaineer, a terrible rock climber (there are some awful faked films of him on YouTube that are truly embarrassing) and he lied about flying a microlite over Everest (when challenged about the altimeter showing he hadn't done it, by people who knew he hadn't done it, he said it froze....).

His "survivalist" programme was proved to be fake as when he said he was living from nature and sleeping rough, he was actually booked in to a five star hotel nearby for several nights.

He's so full of shit and it's annoying that generally sensible people have fallen for his particular brand of snake oil sales.

Ask anyone in the climbing community. He's seen as a pathetic joke (but a VERY rich one).

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Love the randomness and passion in this rant.
I can imagine you bashing this out muttering “f***ing Bear, f***ing Grylls”.
I met him once.
He was an arrogant c*ck.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Posh tory boy, up there with BoJo et all.
There are clear similarities.

A public school toff who realised early on that the best way to the top wasn't to climb the rock, it was to walk round the side, stand on top and tell everyone how easy it was and that you were the best.

Both are serial liars.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

A public school toff who realised early on that the best way to the top wasn't to climb the rock, it was to walk round the side, stand on top and tell everyone how easy it was and that you were the best.

Both are serial liars.

I've always wondered how posh boys from the aristocracy/royalty seem to achieve glittering decorated MIlitary careers without ever actually doing anything remotely useful brave or dangerous ? Like they get medals for completing a gruelling assault course in Wales on a lads weekend, or flying a helicopter on their estate in Scotland when its raining.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I did hear his justification for the hotel stay but I wasn’t aware of the other controversies.
Shame, I’ve always rather liked his stuff. His books are quite good. I even enjoyed his novel, Burning Angel.
He does charge ridiculous amounts for his survival gear branded kit. And it’s not particularly good stuff.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Ha ha. Everything.

He was a barely adequate mountaineer, a terrible rock climber (there are some awful faked films of him on YouTube that are truly embarrassing) and he lied about flying a microlite over Everest (when challenged about the altimeter showing he hadn't done it, by people who knew he hadn't done it, he said it froze....).

His "survivalist" programme was proved to be fake as when he said he was living from nature and sleeping rough, he was actually booked in to a five star hotel nearby for several nights.

He's so full of shit and it's annoying that generally sensible people have fallen for his particular brand of snake oil sales.

Ask anyone in the climbing community. He's seen as a pathetic joke (but a VERY rich one).

I endorse this post. The Brand is more important than the truth for Mr Grylls.

It doesn't really matter very much. But there are people that are 100 x more impressive at what he does getting 100 x less attention. Essentially because, like most posh boys, he has the confidence baked into him to assume he's worthy of the attention he gets. And that's a bit annoying

I would add to his crimes the utterly cringeworthy episode of his series when he crawled up the backside of the nasty facist Modi.

I'm team Ray Mears.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Ha ha. Everything.

Apart from that tho' :)

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

such is the way of the world grasshopper....:rolleyes: 20 years ago in sydney i did a business management course with a pole dancing landscape gardener and a rugby league playing plumber , what a pair of twatts they were but they managed to pilot the Aussie version of backyard blitz and now they are both multi millionaires .....one of them has his own range of outdoor furniture and the other is the government trade apprenticeship ambassador for new south wales , a smarmier pair of shitspanners you would be hard pressed to meet ......such is the way of the world, much harder to get to the top if you are honest.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I did hear his justification for the hotel stay but I wasn’t aware of the other controversies.
Shame, I’ve always rather liked his stuff. His books are quite good. I even enjoyed his novel, Burning Angel.
He does charge ridiculous amounts for his survival gear branded kit. And it’s not particularly good stuff.

probably written by someone else.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

Both are serial liars.

LOL. Now that really does sound like the sort of thing that BoJo would do and say :lolol:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Ha ha. Everything.

Is he not a survivor though?

Can he not kill a squirrel with nothing more than a paper clip and feast on it for days?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I endorse this post. The Brand is more important than the truth for Mr Grylls.

It doesn't really matter very much. But there are people that are 100 x more impressive at what he does getting 100 x less attention. Essentially because, like most posh boys, he has the confidence baked into him to assume he's worthy of the attention he gets. And that's a bit annoying

I would add to his crimes the utterly cringeworthy episode of his series when he crawled up the backside of the nasty facist Modi.

I'm team Ray Mears.

I like Mears. He tracked down Raoul Moate didn’t he. Proper skills. While the attention was on Gazza and his bucket of chicken, Ray actually did the tracking and caught him. Proper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here