Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ollie Watkins

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Seeing Villa on MOTD tonight ,can't help thinking ,what might have been if he had signed for us . looks strong and full of running and eager to get on the end of a cross .

OH wishful thinking !

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
He was just who we needed!!! And still need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
2018/19

Watkins - 12 goals for Brentford in 45 appearances.
Maupay - 28 goals for Brentford in 49 appearances.

Which one would you have bought?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Their starting lineup is quality, especially the midfield - all of them great, experienced players in their best years. Definitely helps you as a striker.

But I agree, he is good but that goes for Maupay, Connolly and Welbeck as well.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
£28 mill plus £5m in add ons. Even Spurs are alleged to have baulked at the price. Villa wanted their man and were prepared to to pay whatever it took. Villa’s spending ability is on a different level to us.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
£28 mill plus £5m in add ons. Even Spurs are alleged to have baulked at the price. Villa wanted their man and were prepared to to pay whatever it took. Villa’s spending ability is on a different level to us.
"Spending ability" = "Being prepared to lose a lorry load of cash and dodge FFP".

Yes, they are definitely on a different level in that respect.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Seeing Villa on MOTD tonight ,can't help thinking ,what might have been if he had signed for us . looks strong and full of running and eager to get on the end of a cross .

OH wishful thinking !

He may look decent with Jack Grealish feeding him (superb yesterday). With Solly March, not so sure :shrug:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

We were obviously after him, perhaps that’s why Villa had to pay so much.

I’m glad we appear to have dropped out of the bidding war early.

I’m confident that we’ll land another one of our targets in January or next Summer.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
No one forced him to join Villa. :shrug:

But what it says to me that if we had been competitive with salary and transfer fee, we would have had a very good chance of making the signing.

I'm not having a pop, I know the reasons why, but it's quite frustrating to me that Villa have gone from "clearly behind us" to "clearly ahead of us" in one transfer window.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
2018/19

Only 12 goals in the Championship?

Ashley Barnes got 14 in 2011-12 ???

And yet the collective sighs of relief on NSC when we finally 'got rid' caused a minor meteorological disturbance.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
2018/19

Whoever was the bigger, and ‘bustled’ better?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
But what it says to me that if we had been competitive with salary and transfer fee, we would have had a very good chance of making the signing.

I'm not having a pop, I know the reasons why, but it's quite frustrating to me that Villa have gone from "clearly behind us" to "clearly ahead of us" in one transfer window.

Think our salary cap is around £50k. Likes of Southampton have 8 first team players above that, 6 of them £65+m. We’re just not in these markets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here