Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Where's the next point(s) coming from?

Looking at how well Villa and Southampton are playing im beginning to think our next chance of a point is away to Fulham. Thats FIVE games away. Heaven forbid and really hope im wrong but that would mean we would be on six points from 12 games played - a THIRD of the season gone..December could well decide our season as after Fulham we play Sheff Utd at home and West Ham away. 6 points from them 3 games and it would be 12 from 15 and still give us hope. Any less than that by the end of the year and i suspect the Potter out camp will be shouting it from the rooftops.

Love to be proved wrong..Scrappy 1-0 win at home to southampton and again vs Arsenal on the last game of the year and it might look a lot different.

One things for certain - it aint boring being an albion fan.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Probably Fulham away realistically, but at least after that we have Sheff Utd and West Ham to follow so could go on a bit of a run.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Is it even worth turning up to the games against the massive footballing teams Aston Villa and Southampton?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Villa have lost their last 2 at home. Not all that.

Ings out for saints.

Could easily get 2 or 4 points out these games

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Villa have lost their last 2 at home. Not all that.

Ings out for saints.

Could easily get 2 or 4 points out these games

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Not all that? Villa are vastly better in all areas.

Southampton are also a far better team.

We’ll be lucky to get 1 point from the next two games.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Yes let’s start crying and wetting the bed after 8 games and we’re 16th.
I will honestly never understand the soaked sheets brigade when we are actually playing well.

Fair enough under Hypia or the second half of Hughton's last season. The football was appalling.

It certainly isn't at the moment. You need a modicum of luck to win and so far we've had none.

Only game I can recall us being awful for a large period was 2nd half v West Brom and every team in the league has had a terrible half at some point already this season. That's what happens sometimes.

Some people need to get a grip on reality.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I will honestly never understand the soaked sheets brigade when we are actually playing well.

Fair enough under Hypia or the second half of Hughton's last season. The football was appalling.

It certainly isn't at the moment. You need a modicum of luck to win and so far we've had none.

Only game I can recall us being awful for a large period was 2nd half v West Brom and every team in the league has had a terrible half at some point already this season. That's what happens sometimes.

Some people need to get a grip on reality.

I agree with everything you say, but our goal against WBA had more than a modicum of luck to it.
What we're lacking in is a dodgy penalty decision every other game. Had the second appeal on Friday night been against us, I have no doubt it would have been a penalty.

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
I think we will do better against teams who are trying to beat us...there will be more space.
Burnley parked the bus. That won't happen again and I expect us to pick up some points in the next run of games...

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I agree with everything you say, but our goal against WBA had more than a modicum of luck to it.
What we're lacking in is a dodgy penalty decision every other game. Had the second appeal on Friday night been against us, I have no doubt it would have been a penalty.
Shambolic defending and a deflected own goal but it was made by excellent attacking play and quick thinking/feet by Lamptey.

Had the defenders not been so panicked by him they may have cleared it. Had they not tried to then Maupay had a tap in anyway.

So sightly lucky perhaps but it hardly redresses the balance of even one game of bad luck (e.g. Man United) imo.

SAC

May 21, 2014
7/8 games in and there have already been lots of supposed upsets and numerous teams going top, even Southampton so there is no point writing off any games.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Never beat villa , Liverpool no chance , very rarely beat Southampton, Leicester will be too good for us , so after 12 games it looks like we will be stuck on 6 points , maybe pick up a point against Fulham , so after 13 games we will probably have 7 points , and in big trouble

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here