Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ancelotti praises us

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Carlo Ancelotti has made glowing reference to Albion as he explains the development of the Premier League.

The vastly experienced Everton boss has mentioned the Seagulls as a prime example of rising standards through the league. He was talking to France Football magazine for an in-depth interview.

Ancelotti was asked how the Prem had changed since 2011, when he left Chelsea. He replied: “The real change for me concerns the teams lower in the table.

“Today they are well organised and have a structured game. Ten years ago, it was more long balls forward and intensity in physical contact, more in an English style.

“That is no longer the case. If you watch Brighton, for example, they are a team who play really well, put on a show.

“The philosophy is mainly a positive style of play, less defensive than previously.

“All teams try to build from the back, especially the centre-backs.”

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/18855697.carlo-ancelotti-says-albion-top-example-prem-progress/

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
While I agree about the Brighton parts, the PL has not been dominated by "British style" football for a very long time.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yep Pep & Klopp love praising our football style as they brush us aside with ease

Yoda

English & European
Yep Pep & Klopp love praising our football style as they brush us aside with ease

I think it's more to do with that we at least try to play football against them now, rather than than taking the anti football approach of sitting in and hoping to nick something. Gives them a refreshing change to the constantly trying to work out how to unlock a defence that we weren't able to do against Burnley.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I think it's more to do with that we at least try to play football against them now, rather than than taking the anti football approach of sitting in and hoping to nick something. Gives them a refreshing change to the constantly trying to work out how to unlock a defence that we weren't able to do against Burnley.

To me, it's less about whether we're pretty or not and more about likelihood to get something. Whether we're attacking Liverpool, City etc or playing ultra defensive, the chances are we'll lose. Personally I believe having a pop gives us a better chance. No team will get 90+ points this season and we're quite capable of taking points off any team in this league

SAC

May 21, 2014
On their day, you aren't going to beat these teams by trying to match them. You either need to catch them on an off day or stifle the way they like to play, probably a bit of both. If you do try to match them, and their multi million pound squad, 9 times out of 10 they will thrash you.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I reckon we'll turn one of them over this season.

Its 'the Brighton way'... remember when we lost to 10-man Walsall, then knocked Man City out of the cup a couple of days later? We'll beat a top team, only to do something stupid in the match before or after.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Yay, we play the same system as the top sides... with inferior players! (And then wonder why we can't win)

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

I thought we were unlucky at the last game v Pool. City we are shit scared of and don't turn up.

Atleast it's entertaining.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here