Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Penalties ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
They get given so easily nowadays... If a defender even touches someone.

I’m an fogey now about football.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
- VAR
- ****ing around with the handball/offside rules
- Everyone still seem to be a bit retarded from the lack of pre-season

Conspiracy theory:
- Struggling giants, very bad for the PL brand. Mr Zhang wont be buying his kiddo a brand new, dirty expensive Maguire shirt as long as they are shit and Mr Wang wont renew his PL TV-subscription if his beloved Liverpool produce results like the 1-7 against Villa.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Just watching the Man Citeh v Liverpool game
How is it a penalty with your back to the forward?

Sent from my SM-J330F using Tapatalk

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Both the handball decisions today were ridiculous but it shows the lack of consistency when we didn’t get a penalty
4856369dfd74b898add2dcdc41e17dc5.jpg

on Friday.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
I said on another thread, VAR has highlighted the inconsistencies and substandard nature of Premier League refereeing.

I'm sure the Premier league didn't want that to happen.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Both the handball decisions today were ridiculous but it shows the lack of consistency when we didn’t get a penalty

on Friday.
I don't think that one or the city one today are penalties under normal circumstances. Under var this year, they are both penalties to remain consistent but they are city and we are not.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Its always has done and always will be that the big 6 get the rub of the green with ref decisions. The handball today was given, so then the one against Burnley should have been and another one against either Totts or WBA should as well. I don't mind either way as long as the refs are consistent with these decisions . . . but they are not.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

on Friday.

There is consistency though.

I remember commenting on the match thread that both handball calls in the Burnley penalty area were only penalties for top 6 sides. The refs have been perfectly consistent with my theory.

In addition, we’d have had another one when Lamptey was dragged by the arm but was too honest to go down.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Used to be rare to get a penalty. Given by ref when he thought 100% it was a foul and handball when hand outstretched and making a difference to play. Lets get back to refs making these decisions. At free kicks players used to protect there balls. Do they no longer do this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here