Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Eastbourne Borough vs Blackpool - FA Cup first round BT Sport 14:30

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Just in case anyone missed this, Eastbourne Borough take on Blackpool in the FA Cup today. Dean ‘Tiny’ Cox is expected to start. A cracking player in his day and Sergio Torres has plenty of Sussex connections given his time with Crawley, Whitehawk and the RMA Academy. He’s Assistant Player Manager and unlikely to start from what I can tell.

There’s a great film about Sergio called the Unknown Torres. It’s a great story about one of the nicest guys in football.

Anyone giving today’s game a watch? Any more Brighton connections?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Danny Bloor - Borough manager - had a trial for.Brighton Boys once

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Looking forward to this. Hopefully there will be a stream as BT sports are showing it.

I've probably been to more Langney Sports/ Eastbourne Borough games than Albion matches.

Might see if I can find one of my scarves and my mug, although that will will involve a perilous journey into the loft.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Great interview with Asst Manager Sergio Torres on the radio at half time on Friday, complete admiration for a guy who came over as a youngster from Argentina and managed to scrape a living in the lower leagues, inspirational stuff a million miles removed from PL wages and egos.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Gary Hart, Ashley Barnes, Steve Cook and the famous Gary Elphick all played for them.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sergio coaches my boy at PACA.

Will be tuning in and fully behind the underdogs!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Oh. Definitely watching this. Love the FA Cup and these kind of David vs Goliath (well... ish) meetings. Also Dean Cox and Greg Luer carried my Athletic Sussex save on Football Manager, will be fun watching them (probably seen Cox play somewhere but cant say he glued himself to my brain).

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
For a bit of perspective, this picture helps show where they came from. When I started watching in the late 80s, they played on the pitch top right. That tiny stand by the car park was all there was back then. In 1986, they were County League Division 3.

aerial-1.jpg

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Don't forget Stu Stu Stu, let me hear you say Myall.

and Stuart Tuck

one of the 2 Stus won the vote for performance of the round in the FA Cup whilst playing for The Sports.

I seem to remember the online poll (that won him a couple of VIP tickets to the final) being subject to a glut of votes from NSC.

Marvellous scenes.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
For a bit of perspective, this picture helps show where they came from. When I started watching in the late 80s, they played on the pitch top right. That tiny stand by the car park was all there was back then. In 1986, they were County League Division 3.

View attachment 130269

for a while the only ground in Sussex with cover on all 4 sides.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here