Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton Women play Aston Villa in the Womens Super League - kickoff 2pm

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
After their match in the Continental Tyres cup on Wednesday was postponed due to a positive covid test in the Brighton camp, the team are back in action today against Aston Villa in the Womens Super League. Kickoff is at 2pm at Crawley, and is live and free on The FA Player.

Newly promoted Villa are 3 places below Brighton in the table having played 2 games less due to a covid outbreak in their camp too. They are yet to pick up any points in their first 3 games so this is a game we should win, but with both Manager Powell and assistant Merrick missing due to having to self-isolate this could disrupt the team. Hopefully our experience will get us the win!

Match preview : https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1889046/preview-albion-return-to-wsl-action

Powell and Merrick isolating : https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1891972/hope-missing-from-dugout-for-villa-game

Forward Whelan on the challenge : https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1889215/whelan-we-know-villa-will-make-it-tough

UTA!

Last edited:

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Todays Brighton squad

Ekmz559W0AAkyix.jpg

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Cant see the game ? Just the sound , anyone else having same problem

All working for me - we've had a lot of possession but not much goal threat. Try refreshing the page or signing out and then back in again as that has worked for me in the past

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Whoops - just noticed I posted the wrong squad, this is todays team.

EmTYPZ_WMAYX5p2.jpg

Villa have had the better chances, but we've had more possession. Need to find a cutting edge in the second half, and stop playing it around at the back and losing it!

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Disappointing afternoon for Brighton as we lose 2-0 at home. Villa deserved it though as apart from a spell in the first half, they seemed to want it more. Us playing it around at the back and losing it wasn't helping either! Got to do better in the next matches...

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Have to say the standard of play was terrible. It was Villa's first points of the season and Brighton were awful. How our ladies drew with Man City I will never know. Luckily only one team go down. Like to see them do well but we look a poor side with no goal threat. Perhaps that is a club problem no strikers.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Downloaded the FA app to watch this. Talk about mirroring the first team, looked decent and couldn’t score against a team that hadn’t won all season. Oh well....

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
We were not at our best thats for sure and was not a good advert for the Albion Womens team! I don't think it helped with Powell and Merricks (and presumably others) having to go into isolation this week which must have caused some disruption, but we've shown more desire and organisation than that earlier in the season. We seem to have lost confidence and panic in defence, run out of ideas in attack. *sigh*

Can someone tell me how Gibbons won player of the season last season. I have watched the women's team a lot this year and she is a player totally out of her depth in the WSL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here