Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Just watched MOTD...

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
No, I didn't get to watch the match but from the highlights it seemed all Brighton, just some good defence from Burnley and a good save or two from the keeper, another day and we would have won that.

Not sure about the short corners though.

Keeping the faith in Potter.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
We looked a very good side from the highlights but MOTD pundits were raving about the partnership at the back for Burnley playing so well. We will never be the topic of conversation untill we start converting these chances and climbing away from the relegation area. Maybe it will come soon?

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
No, I didn't get to watch the match but from the highlights it seemed all Brighton, just some good defence from Burnley and a good save or two from the keeper, another day and we would have won that.

This. I didn't watch the full match, but I reckon once (and if) Welbeck gets going, we should start seeing
a huge improvement in actual results/scoring goals.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I watched the whole game similar first half to the West Brom game when it was Maupay instead of Welbeck in virtually the same place who should have scored....but unlike that game the whole of the second half was about us ..i dont think they had a shot in that half let alone one on target....there were a load of blocks ...but we didnt work the goalie hard enough

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
This. I didn't watch the full match, but I reckon once (and if) Welbeck gets going, we should start seeing
a huge improvement in actual results/scoring goals.
Exactly, once the team has time to gel the results will come through. Welbeck looks quality

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
That's because it was all us. There were large parts of the game it was like watching one of the top 6 sides wearing blue. The last part of the jigsaw is getting the right variety up front to find a way to win when teams are sitting so deep against us. Against Palace, WBA and Burnley large parts of the game was trying to break down a deep lying defence. We need to be able to be more clinical on the break and create more options when the defence is set, but I am seeing progress there.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Exactly, once the team has time to gel the results will come through. Welbeck looks quality

Hopefully not too late, there's a double gel factor going on . . .new players settling/adapting and fitting in, and Pottinkers never ending changes of line up . . . It seems to take the first half an hour of the game for everyone to work out whats going on and what theyre supposed to be doing.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
As I said in a previous post, GP needs to stop rotating the players so much, stick with a group that play well together and let them gel. The goals are there, we play great football, it's just that end product. But I reckon once we start scoring it will become a thing of habit and we'll start banging them in.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Cruel, but I didn't half laugh when I saw the Fulham penalty!

Watched MOTD this morning with my son and we both burst out laughing at that too. I'm quite sympathetic to Fulham as worked in that area for years so knew a lot of fans but just couldn't help it.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

My theory on the short corners is. -. And it is only my personal theory.

I think there is a fear of a quick turnover of possession and conceding a goal on the break.

I don't see any other logic given the height of the defenders pushed into the box who would potentially get on the end of a direct ball into the box.

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009

I think there is a fear of a quick turnover of possession and conceding a goal on the break.

I don't see any other logic given the height of the defenders pushed into the box who would potentially get on the end of a direct ball into the box.

But we don't actually score goals from corners hit into the box, so maybe we're just trying something else. It might work eventually.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020

We had plenty of chances as we often do but it's the quality of the shots. They're either off target or too soft.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
But we don't actually score goals from corners hit into the box, so maybe we're just trying something else. It might work eventually.

Mixing is good, some short corners and some "normal". Much harder to defend against. In the game against Everton (?) where every corner but one was taken short, its very easy to defend against: put pressure on the guy standing next to the corner taker.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Hopefully not too late, there's a double gel factor going on . . .new players settling/adapting and fitting in, and Pottinkers never ending changes of line up . . . It seems to take the first half an hour of the game for everyone to work out whats going on and what theyre supposed to be doing.

Picking up your name of Pottinkers, [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] showed yesterday, that injuries and suspensions showed that he had no choice but to change line ups.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

My theory on short corners.

Did Burnley look ever look vulnerable to balls in the air, launched into the box? In fact, do Burnley ever look vulnerable when defending corners and set-pieces if the ball is just launched into the box?

We don’t have the personnel to beat Mee, Tarkowski & Pope in the box. If we had Dunk, Duffy and Webster, it would be different but if I was Groß taking those corners, I’d only be looking at Webster as a realistic target to hit (has Burn ever scored a headed goal in his career? I doubt it).

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
As I said in a previous post, GP needs to stop rotating the players so much, stick with a group that play well together and let them gel. The goals are there, we play great football, it's just that end product. But I reckon once we start scoring it will become a thing of habit and we'll start banging them in.

I see your point re rotation but for the Burnley game some changes were forced on him ...such as Trossard and March being injured

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here