Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Bike License

LockStock

Jan 29, 2008
Sussex
After watching the new long way up series I’ve decided I want to get a motor bike.

Has anyone recently done the test? I’ve got a full car license 10 years +. My question is how much does it cost and how long does it take. I had a moped many years ago but no other riding experience.

Any recommendations for a local place would be great.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Unless you’re looking to ride your hog in the USA I’d try for a licence LockStock. Advance apologies for uncalled for wanky pedantry.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Full disclosure: I'm an instructor at Saferide Motorcycle & Scooter Training. We'd be delighted to help you achieve your full licence. All the details you're seeking are on our website, and please give the office a call if you've any questions. You can read our reviews on Google too, and discover what previous students say about us.

www.saferiders.co.uk

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
After watching the new long way up series I’ve decided I want to get a motor bike.

Has anyone recently done the test? I’ve got a full car license 10 years +. My question is how much does it cost and how long does it take. I had a moped many years ago but no other riding experience.

Any recommendations for a local place would be great.

Good luck. I have just got back to riding a motorbike after an 18 year break, absolutely loving it. Hope it goes well for you.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Good luck, LockStock. I hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us. I’ve retired from the road for now but still maintain the buzz with track days.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I used Jeff at Sussex rider training to do my test, I've been riding 33 years now but only did my full license test 5 years ago! He was no nonsense and is a really nice guy, very laid back, but authoritative when needed, got me and another older guy through our tests first time, he's equally good with younger riders from CBT on.

He has a selection of bikes and scooters as well. Good luck, budget around £600 to do it all and a few months ( from memory)

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
FYI, Jeff's not offering full licence training at the moment (we recently bought his Yamaha MT07s).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here