Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Scapegoat of the season

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Lets exclude the manager from this, as the manager always gets pointed out when a team doesnt win.

Eight games in and according to plenty, the club is doomed and everyone needs to be sacked and bla bla bla.

But besides the manager and the sporting director, who are we going to blame?

Some likely candidates for the Scapegoat of the Season award are starting to become evident:

Matt Ryan - goalkeepers are frequent scapegoats and Ryan is no exception. Since he had a poor game in June or July, people have been up his ass. Even yesterday, signalling that there is no chance for him to do anything right in the eyes of some people.

Dan Burn - doesnt look like a footballer and seems like a pretty nice, normal guy meaning he is obviously not cool and sexy enough for this PL top squad. Plenty of players made bad crosses yesterday, the one Burn did is the only one mentioned: obvious scapegoat indicator.

Solly March - not much complaints yet but he is always just one mistake from being lynched, so I'm including him.

Adam Webster - one of the challengers to this award last season, before people decided to accept him. Lately there's been a rise in the opinion that he is not good enough for the PL etc.. The thought "he stole Duffy's spot and I demand that there is something wrong with him" makes him a contender this year as well.

Davy Pröpper - might be off in January, but in the event that he actually makes it to the team again I think he could play like ****ing Xavi and people (including me) would hate him for not being Alzate, Bissouma or Molumby.

Neal Maupay - probably wont score 20 goals this season meaning he is utter junk and should be sent back to France.

Aaron Connolly - he is 20 years old and still not scoring dozens of goals so he is obviously garbage and need to be loaned to Preston to make room for a World Class Superstar Striker like Callum Wilson or Darius Vassell.

Who do you think will get the most shit this season? Any of these, or do you think any of the other players could challenge for the award?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
All the scapegoating is best ignored. It's either people recognising our player's limitations of people venting their frustrations.

Happens at every club, nothing to see here.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If Maty Ryan doesn't come out and easily claim this, then somethings wrong...

...oh.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Me for putting the Albion into my acca... 3C6D9740-AB28-4903-BC87-6DF6026B1E3E.jpeg

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
... no offence but you're not even a true Albion fan. When lifelong fans get passionate they tend to get a bit moany, that's how it often is.

Yea yea I get it, I hear it every day. "I've been going to games for 200 years so I'm qualified and deserve to behave like some kind of infant any time things dont go well". All fine and dandy, its a perspective people are allowed to have.

Its not the topic though. Who do you think will get most of this "passionate moaning" (or however you want it whitewashed)?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Lets exclude the manager from this, as the manager always gets pointed out when a team doesnt win.

Eight games in and according to plenty, the club is doomed and everyone needs to be sacked and bla bla bla.

But besides the manager and the sporting director, who are we going to blame?

Some likely candidates for the Scapegoat of the Season award are starting to become evident:

Matt Ryan - goalkeepers are frequent scapegoats and Ryan is no exception. Since he had a poor game in June or July, people have been up his ass. Even yesterday, signalling that there is no chance for him to do anything right in the eyes of some people.

Dan Burn - doesnt look like a footballer and seems like a pretty nice, normal guy meaning he is obviously not cool and sexy enough for this PL top squad. Plenty of players made bad crosses yesterday, the one Burn did is the only one mentioned: obvious scapegoat indicator.

Solly March - not much complaints yet but he is always just one mistake from being lynched, so I'm including him.

Adam Webster - one of the challengers to this award last season, before people decided to accept him. Lately there's been a rise in the opinion that he is not good enough for the PL etc.. The thought "he stole Duffy's spot and I demand that there is something wrong with him" makes him a contender this year as well.

Davy Pröpper - might be off in January, but in the event that he actually makes it to the team again I think he could play like ****ing Xavi and people (including me) would hate him for not being Alzate, Bissouma or Molumby.

Neal Maupay - probably wont score 20 goals this season meaning he is utter junk and should be sent back to France.

Aaron Connolly - he is 20 years old and still not scoring dozens of goals so he is obviously garbage and need to be loaned to Preston to make room for a World Class Superstar Striker like Callum Wilson or Darius Vassell.

Who do you think will get the most shit this season? Any of these, or do you think any of the other players could challenge for the award?

Solly March has had loads of NSC criticism this season, from a large band of persistent haters. Even when he’s clearly one of our better performers.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Ouch, ouch.. ouch. I feel your pain.

Accas are the devil btw, if you want to win money avoid them. I know they are tasty but I honestly dont know any professional better who does more than a double.

Yeah the bookies love mug punters like me 🤣🤣🤣 it’s ok though, it’s only ever small amounts.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Solly March has had loads of NSC criticism this season, from a large band of persistent haters. Even when he’s clearly one of our better performers.

Its weird. Inside this weird superiority complex where the team is supposed to beat ANY opposition (lets not pretend the moaning started with WBA) there is also some kind of schizophrenic inferiority complex that the players coming through the academy simply cant be as good as "the real footballers".

Question: did Dunk have doubters for a long time?

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Oh and at the moment seems Potter is scapegoat of the season.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Glen Murray - too old, too slow, too Watford.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Yea yea I get it, I hear it every day. "I've been going to games for 200 years so I'm qualified and deserve to behave like some kind of infant any time things dont go well". All fine and dandy, its a perspective people are allowed to have.

Its not the topic though. Who do you think will get most of this "passionate moaning" (or however you want it whitewashed)?

yeah but you're just feeding it aren't you, while being all high and mighty? pompous ass.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Potter fan boy posts a load of nonsense, again. What a waste of time. Could we not give him his own mini Scandi bearpit? Maybe call it "i have a strange obsession and it bothers me"?

Just a thought.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Its weird. Inside this weird superiority complex where the team is supposed to beat ANY opposition (lets not pretend the moaning started with WBA) there is also some kind of schizophrenic inferiority complex that the players coming through the academy simply cant be as good as "the real footballers".

Question: did Dunk have doubters for a long time?

Dunk had a few detractors eg because he’d unnecessarily get banned when we needed him most, losing his head in games.

Solly March, you definitely get snobbery from haters against some local players, whilst the overseas player might get a better ride.

Widening this, there was classic NSC hate by some against:
Muzza - in both spells.
Barnes - in his Withdean days when as a 20 year old who cost next to nothing, he was banging in vital goals. Did you spot the standing joke where the main hater disappeared due to the dent to his ego, instantly rejoining NSC under another name and not admitting it.
David Lopez - an effective Spanish midfielder in our quality 2012/13 and 2013/14 teams. Some fans despised him for no good reason.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
No scapegoats here. What I think I have is expectations for each position and the degree it is met. It has to be in context, we've only been in the PL for four years. Overall very happy. Five years in PL (hopefully), GK, LWB, Striker would be good to improve.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here