Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Saturdat drinking thread

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m kicking off with a Brewdog Mr President DIPA......and some crisps.

God bless America.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds

God bless America.

Not fúcking about there are you. I’ve had a couple of standard Punk IPAs, got a curry on the way which I’m going to have with my last two Paulaner Oktoberfest’s, then we’ll see from there. Sticking with the German theme, I do have a couple of Jever’s in the fridge.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I want to go to the pub, but I dont know the new code to my apartment building so I have to wait for someone to let me in any time I go out. Annoying as ****. Some kiddo told me last week but then I smoked a fat joint and forgot the code before I wrote it up.

... but I cant complain too much, I have a couple of Sju Komma Tvåan (beer) to drink once I've recovered from the vodka I drank yesterday.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I want to go to the pub, but I dont know the new code to my apartment building so I have to wait for someone to let me in any time I go out. Annoying as ****. Some kiddo told me last week but then I smoked a fat joint and forgot the code before I wrote it up.

... but I cant complain too much, I have a couple of Sju Komma Tvåan (beer) to drink once I've recovered from the vodka I drank yesterday.

Slightly off track, but how’s your new apartment? I recall you were doing a great job of sorting your old place out. Hope you’re keeping well, mate!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Slightly off track, but how’s your new apartment? I recall you were doing a great job of sorting your old place out. Hope you’re keeping well, mate!

Same old apartment, moving out at the end of the year.

Still looks like shit unfortunately but I'm going to do something about it... soon.

I wish I had a camera to capture this unique environment.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just chugged a bottle of a nice Douro, feeling tired and emotional.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds

Still looks like shit unfortunately but I'm going to do something about it... soon.

Sorry, I misread your post slightly - second time I’ve done that today! :shootself

Difficult times for us all - just keep doing what you can mate. Take care. x

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

How are your pizza boxes? Couldn't you use these to wedge the door open when you go out?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not fúcking about there are you. I’ve had a couple of standard Punk IPAs, got a curry on the way which I’m going to have with my last two Paulaner Oktoberfest’s, then we’ll see from there. Sticking with the German theme, I do have a couple of Jever’s in the fridge.

Good work there. I do like Jever

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Got a bit sidetracked as I Zoomed a friend. Moved onto a bottle of supermarket bubbly and then a Brewdog Jagged Edge IPA. Demolished a wedge of Old Amsterdam as well.

Sleep well everyone xx

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

God bless America.

That stuff is a delight. Have you tried the Hazy O-G?

Or better still the Homicidal Puppet Helpdesk? Comes in it’s own box and is quite amazing.
0b4e9225232abfe339cb27472dda76c1.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That stuff is a delight. Have you tried the Hazy O-G?

Or better still the Homicidal Puppet Helpdesk? Comes in it’s own box and is quite amazing.
0b4e9225232abfe339cb27472dda76c1.jpg

Yes I have. It’s very nice. I also had a 9% triple version of Hazy Jane, or maybe Hazy OG (can’t remember what the difference is between these two) recently. This randomly popped up in my local Brewdog on tap a few months back. That was a very nice, smooth, end of the night beer to be sipped slowly.

I’ve not tried Homicidal Puppet Help Desk. Found this on the internet

“An indulgent, complex, and endlessly giving beer. Packed with toffee, coconut, red berry, burnt sugar, marzipan, and orange. Aged in oak rye whiskey casks to add structure and depth (not the same oak as the Help Desk) to this chewy and warming rye barley wine.”

Sounds great. Where did you get it? I guess it’s a limited batch.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Tried The Brewdog colab with ? Called Grinch. A strong sour with chocolate and hazelnuts. Quite a vicious sour though and prefer the fruitier varieties.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Sounds great. Where did you get it? I guess it’s a limited batch.

I was placing an order online during lockdown and saw it so bought two bottles, frighteningly expensive, but delicious. TBF, Mr President is an admirable alternative, and far less expensive.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Tried The Brewdog colab with ? Called Grinch. A strong sour with chocolate and hazelnuts. Quite a vicious sour though and prefer the fruitier varieties.

Overworks - which is their sours / wild beer operation

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here