Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hereford 1997 v PL 2020

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

When Robbie Reinelt scored 'the goal' that kept BHAFC in League Division 3 in 1997, which ultimately set up a chain reaction to where our club is today.
Would NSC then, have capitulated into negative hysteria, such what has happened lately,? Probably not.
The 'Goldstone generation' has been witness to the ups and downs of the club over the years.
Now we are in the PL, I regret to being witness to a lot of over hyped points of view (I'm only guessing from new Albion fans who want instant success), where it comes to slagging off the current manager, who in my POV, has got us playing some fantastic football*
Since we have been in the PL, a lot of my footy supporting friend's and work mates (London bound), have taken an interest in all things BHAFC.
Comments all on the positive side.
So I would implore all to get behind our club :albion2::thumbsup:

*the goals will come

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We’re unrecognisable from the club that held on for that draw at Hereford, the only thing that is the same is the name and us old farts who were there. If nothing else, supporting Brighton has taught me patience. I don’t expect instant results or success and I’m absolutely confident that we remain on an upward trajectory. There are always little bumps in the road but we seem to be doing things in the right order and will eventually get the rewards.

Keep the faith, anything worth having always requires a bit of hard work.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003

When Robbie Reinelt scored 'the goal' that kept BHAFC in League Division 3 in 1997, which ultimately set up a chain reaction to where our club is today.
Would NSC then, have capitulated into negative hysteria, such what has happened lately,? Probably not.
The 'Goldstone generation' has been witness to the ups and downs of the club over the years.
Now we are in the PL, I regret to being witness to a lot of over hyped points of view (I'm only guessing from new Albion fans who want instant success), where it comes to slagging off the current manager, who in my POV, has got us playing some fantastic football*
Since we have been in the PL, a lot of my footy supporting friend's and work mates (London bound), have taken an interest in all things BHAFC.
Comments all on the positive side.
So I would implore all to get behind our club :albion2::thumbsup:

*the goals will come

You can't help your age, so if you are a youngster, I'll give you a pass on this one as you know no different....but some posters on here (that watched us during the very hard times) are an embarrassment and have forgotten where we were not so many years ago.

Said it before, but I NEVER dreamt I'd watch BHA in the Premier League, so not going to complain that we are under-performing currently in the top league

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You can't help your age, so if you are a youngster, I'll give you a pass on this one as you know no different....but some posters on here (that watched us during the very hard times) are an embarrassment and have forgotten where we were not so many years ago.

Said it before, but I NEVER dreamt I'd watch BHA in the Premier League, so not going to complain that we are under-performing currently in the top league

This.

And if I ever see the word 'moneymen' applied when writing about our club, again, I will literally explode. Fact.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Yes, Yes, EPL Is a fantastically challenging league and our team probably the best we have ever had but what a day that was...

And no i dont want to go back there

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Subjective of course but my view is that if NSC had existed in the past there would have been an equal amount of negative hysteria. The moaning on the East Terrace at the Goldstone was often ridiculous. Social media simply gives a platform that did not exist in the past to magnify the abuse given to the likes of Crumplin and Codner (to summon up just one moan filled era).

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The difference between now and then was it was easy to go to matches, shoot the breeze and socilaise before, during and after.

It was all over by the time you got home and we moved on . . . Now everything lingers on here and the debate goes round in circles, usually spiralling in both directions!

It's not just our fortunes, and our age, the whole game has change immeasurable in 25 years.

Last edited:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I was around in the 1979- 1983 era and off course recently. This is historically the greatest periods in Brighton and Hove Albion history, most of the rest has been spent in the 3rd and 4th tier of English football.
Under Tony Bloom, the building of the Amex, the Academy etc the future looks looks very bright as well, unlike the restrictions of the Goldtsone era.
And now a lot of people lose their mind when we dominate a game at this level but fail to take numerous chances to win :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here