Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] At what point should Dan Ashworth be Sacked?

thedeadone

Jan 17, 2005
West Sussex
There seems to be a lot of ill feeling towards Potter a the moment but I really think people should look at the bigger picture

Dan Ashworth is the one pulling the strings on what style of football we play and was very positive on having Potter as Head Coach to play the style he wanted.

I also get the feeling the team selection has a big input from Dan aswell.

Yes Graham has made a few errors but I really think we should not forget Dan is allowing this to happen on his guidance.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
There seems to be a lot of ill feeling towards Potter a the moment but I really think people should look at the bigger picture

Dan Ashworth is the one pulling the strings on what style of football we play and was very positive on having Potter as Head Coach to play the style he wanted.

I also get the feeling the team selection has a big input from Dan aswell.

Yes Graham has made a few errors but I really think we should not forget Dan is allowing this to happen on his guidance.

Team selection has ZERO to do with Ashworth.

No head coach or manager would accept that

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bout time we told that Bloom kiddie to f'off, as well.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

No

No chance. Potter wouldnt accept it and Bloom wouldnt accept it.

As for Ashworth in general I think, just like in the case with Potter, that he's done a great job. Very few signings from the last two years could be considered failures.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
All the joke comments aside I think we might conclude one thing and I recall one of the commentators suggested it yesterday. Even when all fit does Potter really know his best team? We seem to embrace the tinkering because the style of football is good but at the risk of trotting out a cliché let's not forget it's a results game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
All the joke comments aside I think we might conclude one thing and I recall one of the commentators suggested it yesterday. Even when all fit does Potter really know his best team? We seem to embrace the tinkering because the style of football is good but at the risk of trotting out a cliché let's not forget it's a results game.

:shootself:

GPott's team has played 8 games.
1 game was an 'unchanged squad'.

Of the remaining 6 games.

Bissouma has missed 3
Dunk has missed 3
Civil unrest has cost 3 players a place.
There have been injuries to The Tross Lallana and perennial sub Ali J

For GPott not to to be 'The Tinkerman' he'd have needed to play 7 men v Tottingham.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
No chance of this happening. He came out and told fans his job was to keep Chris Hughton in a job as long as possible. Hughton was sacked a few weeks later. Nobody has questioned it, it's clearly the Ashworth long term project. GPot uses the term 'model' 3 times in his programme notes yesterday. That's what we are as a club now, a corporate machine following Ashworth's 'model'

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No chance of this happening. He came out and told fans his job was to keep Chris Hughton in a job as long as possible. Hughton was sacked a few weeks later. Nobody has questioned it, it's clearly the Ashworth long term project. GPot uses the term 'model' 3 times in his programme notes yesterday. That's what we are as a club now, a corporate machine following Ashworth's 'model'

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Does "having a model" (a strategy/vision) make the club a corporate machine or do you consider those two things unrelated?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Strange OP

Dan Ashworth is responsible for bringing in quality younger players that fits in with Tony Bloom's vision for the club going forward.

The building blocks have been put in, and it makes no sense to knock everything down to restart.

To use a catchphrase from yesteryear - Keep The Faith.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here