Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Statistics

Statistics

1 Not allowed!
    Albion’s performances have consistently been at such a high level this season for such scant reward.

Itv obviously isn”t completely unprecedented for a team to play so well and get so few points but we must be racking up some pretty amazing stats if not records.

What are the “best” stats you are aware of to illustrate how close GP, Tariq, Biss, Adam, Dunky, Ben, BDB, Webbo, Solly, Neal, Leo, Alexis, Steven, Welbz, Ali, and the rest of our lovely lads have come? In individual matches or over the past few weeks as a whole...?

I’ve got a few (BBC match reports are a good source) but will kick off with one from yesterday:

Against Burnley we went past 100 shots for this season. Only Liverpool have had more.
    The BHAFC forum is utter shite. They literally talk about everything except their own football club on there.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Statistics

0 Not allowed!
      And, for the unhappy non-clappers, which objective performance stats best shine a light on how well deserved our meagre points tally really is...?

#PotterOut
      The BHAFC forum is utter shite. They literally talk about everything except their own football club on there.

1 Not allowed!
      As I said on the other thread we had played more games than all the other teams at that point. Based on shots per game average another 6-7 teams will have passed 100 shots by the time they finish game 8

4 Not allowed!
      I believe we had 12 shots in the first half yesterday, the most we’ve had in the first half of a Premier League game.

We also restricted Palace to one shot in 100 minutes, a penalty. That’s the only time on Premier League history that a team has scored when their only shot in a a game was a penalty.
      I'm in the mood for ska

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by keaton View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      As I said on the other thread we had played more games than all the other teams at that point. Based on shots per game average another 6-7 teams will have passed 100 shots by the time they finish game 8
      Shhh, this isn't the place for common sense.

0 Not allowed!
      Before yesterday, only Man City had faced fewer shots than us (and we’d played a game more).
      Rejected.

Statistics

2 Not allowed!
      Our shots on target number is 28 the same as Fulham and we have played a game more

We have the second highest number of crosses in the division behind Fulham.

Oh shit we are like Fulham

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by keaton View Post
      Fair point. The uncontextualised “only behind Liverpool” stat for total shots taken is just a bit TOO incredible... I’ll take 6th or 7th in the league as a truer picture on that.

Why “so few goals scored” though? (Apart from Maupay being shit).

Our Xg for goals scored is the closest to actual goals scored for any team in the Premier League this season.

Burnley, West Brom and Sheffield Utd combined have only scored one more goal than us.

Statistics

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Seasider78 View Post
      Our shots on target number is 28 the same as Fulham and we have played a game more

We have the second highest number of crosses in the division behind Fulham.

Oh shit we are like Fulham
      Don’t start that game!

Every team will have one or two outlying stats - especially on things like “number of crosses attempted”.

Overall Xg (which I have yet to be persuaded is not the best available metric for “points deserved on basis of performance” for a sample of games) suggests we are very unlike Fulham.

2 Not allowed!
      If we maintain our current points haul for the remainder of the season we're on course for 28.5 points. Let's be optimistic and round it up to 29.