Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter in

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Bit bored of the negative thread titles on the front page - even if they do contain a good number of positive people in the replies. So I made this thread.

I’ve never been so excited to watch us play football than I have since Potter was appointed.
(my first match, as a kid, was at Goldstone, vs. Portsmouth, mid eighties - for reference)

The results WILL come.
It’s rough at the moment BUT we have a clear vision.
(it was extremely rough for Southampton but they also had/have a clear vision, and then something clicked for them. They are now top of the league)

We dominate possession and create more chances, against almost anyone.
We have some quality players: Lallana is tremendous and only getting better with every game, Welbeck is a very welcome addition, Lamptey is on another planet, etc. etc.
Our stats are through the roof compared to our points.
The team spirit looks strong.
We’ve had a good chunk of bad luck and we are struggling for clinical finishing.

If you are watching the games you know good things are happening.
I understand the frustration but, if we keep doing what we are doing, the results will come.

I think COVID set us back a bit this season (particularly when we reeled in the finances compared to some other clubs) but I’m still behind the board, the manager, the team, and the long term vision.
While COVID continues to be an issue, or worse, my expectations have been tempered. We all want to be a mid-table team, but it might take a bit longer.

Anyway, if you want to add some positivity to this thread, please go ahead.
If you feel the opposite, chip in.
I selfishly wanted to see a positive thread title in a sea of negativity on the front page.

I’ll leave you with a couple of lads who aren’t giving up any time soon.

[tweet]1324846037429899271[/tweet]

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
What a load of old shit!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Great thread! I agree. Loving it. The naysayers can do one. Why hanker for the glory days of division three? ???

My ex-wife used to moan about society: we now have the worst diet, education, health EVER! Eventually I had to tell her to **** off back to the middle ages. FFS. :facepalm:

Oh, by the way, Potter OUT! Barber OUT! Bloom OUT. Imaginary consortium IN! Steve Foster IN! Micky adams IN! The future of he club OUT! Sanity OUT!

Use the ignore function folks. It saves having to tell tossers to eff off. Fact.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bit bored of the negative thread titles on the front page - even if they do contain a good number of positive people in the replies. So I made this thread.

I’ve never been so excited to watch us play football than I have since Potter was appointed.
(my first match, as a kid, was at Goldstone, vs. Portsmouth, mid eighties - for reference)

The results WILL come.
It’s rough at the moment BUT we have a clear vision.
(it was extremely rough for Southampton but they also had/have a clear vision, and then something clicked for them. They are now top of the league)

We dominate possession and create more chances, against almost anyone.
We have some quality players: Lallana is tremendous and only getting better with every game, Welbeck is a very welcome addition, Lamptey is on another planet, etc. etc.
Our stats are through the roof compared to our points.
The team spirit looks strong.
We’ve had a good chunk of bad luck and we are struggling for clinical finishing.

If you are watching the games you know good things are happening.
I understand the frustration but, if we keep doing what we are doing, the results will come.

I think COVID set us back a bit this season (particularly when we reeled in the finances compared to some other clubs) but I’m still behind the board, the manager, the team, and the long term vision.
While COVID continues to be an issue, or worse, my expectations have been tempered. We all want to be a mid-table team, but it might take a bit longer.

Anyway, if you want to add some positivity to this thread, please go ahead.
If you feel the opposite, chip in.
I selfishly wanted to see a positive thread title in a sea of negativity on the front page.

I’ll leave you with a couple of lads who aren’t giving up any time soon.

[tweet]1324846037429899271[/tweet]

Second link should be on the Deluded Leeds Fans thread (although I hope that's died a death by now as it ceased to be amusing, Killer W*nker or not).

NotABrightonFan

Sep 21, 2019
Agree with OP. Youse are my adopted second team and you play some great stuff. Relegation shouldn't be a fear mostly because of how bad other teams are. Football should not be all about results, you should actually enjoy watching your team, and despite the naff results and frustration over the lack of finishing, you are incredibly enjoyable to watch to a neutral.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Listening to Lallana made me think "**** the bedwetters". Really.

A lot of them would rather be right (seeing the team lose) rather than being wrong and seeing the team win. Psychological stuff, quite tiresome.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Great thread, frustrating at the moment but the goal is clear and we are clinical finishing away from being a better team than most of us could have ever imagined.

Hold your nerve people. Hold your nerve.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
We're on the cusp of everything going right. That is wherein the difficulty lies. Potter's revolution of the team is well underway and perhaps even now, has the right amount of key players to effect what Potter is aiming for. Lallana and Welbeck's understanding, experience and ability, I feel are the very thing we were lacking because of budget constraints. Lamptey is the other key component to being able to play Potterball to win games.
There are now too many positives in this team for the bad fortune to keep going.
Why is it taking so long? Maybe its the same bedding in a single player would need to get into his groove at a club but harder to get right as there are more variables.
We've got a deeper skilled squad than before to help too.
Its something to do with the psychology and that is the final step maybe in getting it right... Being able to keep the belief going across our near misses.
Get that right and we are there.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Great thread! I agree. Loving it. The naysayers can do one. Why hanker for the glory days of division three? ???

My ex-wife used to moan about society: we now have the worst diet, education, health EVER! Eventually I had to tell her to **** off back to the middle ages. FFS. :facepalm:

Oh, by the way, Potter OUT! Barber OUT! Bloom OUT. Imaginary consortium IN! Steve Foster IN! Micky adams IN! The future of he club OUT! Sanity OUT!

Use the ignore function folks. It saves having to tell tossers to eff off. Fact.

How’s your head this morning H? :lolol:

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Good to see a positive thread. Of course we’re all disappointed and frustrated with another home draw against weaker opposition(I think) but I agree we’re close to getting it right.

Lallana is a class above and has played consecutive 90 mins within 5 days of each other. I thought Welbeck added a different dimension - I don’t think he’ll ever be more than 10 goals in a full season but he added a threat. For me Veltman did well and it will be interesting to see who GP leaves out for Dunk. I think GP has persevered with White because he makes great interceptions and I like him wherever he plays. We did miss Solly and though I love BDB’s heart and commitment he’s not the ideal replacement. Tariq’s just a star!

Some of our near misses with recruitment this summer are unfortunate. That LWB Wolves have on loan(Ait-Nouri??) being one example and possibly Martinez but Nunez is the most obvious one. It’s the goal scoring that’s the issue and I wouldn’t be surprised if GP threw Zeqiri into the mix soon as he’s apparently a natural finisher.

Above all though I’m a Brighton fan and want to support my team. Who knows the grumpy, moany fans may be right but geez it’s depressing. I’ll support us throughout because it’s my club and we all know TB wants the best for the Albion. It may all go #### up but I’m going to continue to love the club and SUPPORT what we’re trying to achieve.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
We are never gonna rip this league apart, but what we can do is now enjoy the football we’re playing. Frustrating at the moment the way results are going. Still keeping the faith.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Clearly we're still a work in progress. For all those losing their sh1t, try and remember you dont just become the finished article overnight. People keep saying we're not scoring goals, but we are. We've scored more than Arsenal, Man Utd and Man City at the moment. Yes we've played more games, but it still demonstrates that we're scoring. Our problem is we're not turning those goals into wins just at the moment, but we're so close. There's a corner that we're on the verge of turning and when we do I think we'll go on a really decent run and these early season wobbles that people are having will disappear quickly.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
As is often the way with NSC, it divides into extremes.
You’re a bedwetter or a happyclapper.
It’s not as simple as that, in reality.
Would anyone dispute that the club’s vision is a good one? To Play stylish football, bring through youth, community club etc.
Equally would anyone dispute there are some fundamental problems with the first team ? Clearest example - our pitiful set pieces, which smell of poor coaching. Does it make you negative to point this out? Are you positive to not acknowledge it, or are you just conveniently turning a blind eye?
Both sides are right, it just depends which way you look at it.
Personally, I’m Potter in. He’s one cog in a broad club vision that I admire. We are trying to do something special. It’s just not proving very easy.
I’d be very happy if an assistant coach with top level experience was brought in though. Something is lacking.

Last edited:

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Not sure AL seems that positive there. Seemed quite short with the interviewer when asked to expand on a cliched answer. Didn’t want to be drawn out on criticising finishing.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Listening to Lallana made me think "**** the bedwetters". Really.

A lot of them would rather be right (seeing the team lose) rather than being wrong and seeing the team win. Psychological stuff, quite tiresome.

Utter garbage, and bonus crappy content with ‘bedwetting’ . Congratulations, a textbook post.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I’m positive again, after the second half against WBA I must admit I was spitting feathers, but we were back at it yesterday, some of the best football I’ve seen this club ever play.

People saying we must start scoring also need to realise that’s the first game this season we haven’t scored in, i recall spells under Hughton we went hours without a goal and just sat back and defended for points.

I would be interested to know how long some of these negative fans have been supporting the Albion? Is it a case of a few years so don’t really appreciate the dross that some of us have endured? Or just generally miserable negative kinds or I am missing something?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
As is often the way with NSC, it divides into extremes.
You’re a bedwetter or a happyclapper.
It’s not as simple as that, in reality.
Would anyone dispute that the club’s vision is a good one? To Play stylish football, bring through youth, community club etc.
Equally would anyone dispute there are some fundamental problems with the first team ? Clearest example - our pitiful set pieces, which smell of poor coaching. Does it make you negative to point this out? Are you positive to not acknowledge it, or are you just conveniently turning a blind eye?
Both sides are right, it just depends which way you look at it.
Personally, I’m Potter in. He’s one cog in a broad club vision that I admire. We are trying to do something special. It’s just not proving very easy.
I’d be very happy if an assistant coach with top level experience was brought in though. Something is lacking.

Good post.
I enjoy the differing opinions on here, it would be terribly boring if there wasn’t such a cross section of thoughts and ideas. What I absolutely cannot tolerate is ‘adults’ using that pathetic ****ing phrase every time someone has the audacity to post something that is deemed to be negative or moaning. It’s just a difference of opinions. Whenever I see a post containing ‘bedwetter’ I just skip by because you can’t take the content seriously from someone who uses that expression.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here