Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ***Player Ratings vs Burnley***

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Can’t see one anywhere.

6 - average

Ryan - 6 - bit flappy on crosses, but nothing to do.
Veltman - 7 - very comfortable
Webster 6
White 6
Lamptey 7
Burn 5 - just so poor at times.
Bissouma 6
Gross 7
Lallana - 9 - a class above everyone else
Maupay - 6
Welbeck 7

Dean - usual inconsistent rubbish - 5

Potter 6 - subs unusually late and actually pointless

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FF1

Aug 28, 2019
Ryan - 6

Veltman - 7.5 Good defensively and good participation up front.
Webster - 5.5 Good defensively but shocking distribution
White - 5.5 Decent defensively but bad distribution
Burn - 5 His performances this year is well below his last year. Maybe poor team management by potter
Lamptey - 8 Performs at a very high level and very consistant
Bissouma - 6.5 Great at breaking up their play but added little offensively
Gross - 7 Two consecutive solid performances by Gross. Should probably be subbed after 60-65 minutes
Lallana - 8.5 One of the oldest players on the team but hustles more than anyone. Great vision and creativity while helping out on defence. MOTM
Maupay- 6 I like his new role playing next to Lallana and behind Welbeck. Just wish he was less selfish with the ball...
Welbeck - 7 Good first game. Great first half, faded in second.

Potter - 5 Late ineffective subbing...

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Ryan 5
Lamptey 8
Burn 7
White 6
Webster 7
Veltman 7
Bissouma 8
Gross 6.5
Lallana 8.5 MOTM
Maupay 6
Welbeck 7

Ali J 5
Connolly na

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Can’t see one anywhere.

6 - average

Ryan - 6 - bit flappy on crosses, but nothing to do.
Veltman - 7 - very comfortable
Webster 6
White 6
Lamptey 7
Burn 5 - just so poor at times.
Bissouma 6
Gross 7
Lallana - 9 - a class above everyone else
Maupay - 6
Welbeck 7

Dean - usual inconsistent rubbish - 5

Potter 6 - subs unusually late and actually pointless

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

something like that

Lallana down to 8 ... hopefully we'll see better from him (sex wee)
Bissouma up to 7. in charge

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I thought Lallana, Gross until he ran out of steam, Lamptey and Bissouma played well. Hard to say from Sky’s high camera gantry angle and the chaos in our box, but Veltman seemed assured.

As for the others, relating to their respective roles, not impressive.

Potter - I wish he’d made the subs a lot sooner.

Looking back a few hours on now, Burnley were very poor in the last hour, but Taylor, Tarkowski, Mee and Pope were excellent.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
With those markings you would have thought we won 3 nil

The performance was more frustrating then poor. Indecisive in the final third, but we did play against a defence boosted by the return of Mee. Their back four and keeper played very well and we just didn’t get any kind of break.

By no means a vintage performance but there were some positives. I can see us taking a team apart very soon if Trossard, Lallana, Welbeck & Maupay find their form together.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Ryan 6 - not much to do so I cant give him a higher rating, but did fine. Nice distribution both short and long, found Burn with the build-up Flo pass a few times.

Lamptey 8 - if you play on this level for one game, it is a fantastic performance, for a few games, its a great run of form, consistenly almost every game, it is world class.
White 6 - did a good job but this was a game where he could have taken a bit more initiative.
Webster 6 - steady in defense but unusual amount of flawed passes, not his best day.
Veltman 7 - looks very comfortable and experienced.
Burn 7 - great performance from BDB, won a lot of headers and combined nicely with his attacking team mates. Not the sharpest end product, obviously.

Bissouma 7 - won a lot of balls and a class above every Burnley midfielder. Would have liked him to go forward a bit more.
Gross 6 - contributed to the great flow of the game but his speciality, the delicious end product, didnt work out for him today.
Lallana 8 - close to a nine, what a great signing this is. Keep it up and Southgate needs to rethink the whole "Harry Winks" concept.

Welbeck 6 - decent performance, could see his experience, and once he gets to know his team mates a bit better he will be very useful.
Maupay 6 - not very clinical today, but was involved in a lot of attacking plays, made great runs and great passes.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Ryan 7 Clean sheet
Lampty 7 Good but thought they played him well in 2nd half
Veltman 7 Good
Webster 7 Good
White 7 Good
Burn 4 Lucky little to do in defence but contributed nothing going forward
Bissouma 8 Very good
Gross 6 Average Surprised Alzate didnt replace for last 20.
Lalana 7 Still think he will be key to winning games. Faded but I would never take off
Maupay 5 I like him and would pick every game.but to many wrong options tonight
Welbeck 6 Very good 8 first half never in game 2nd

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ryan - 7 Burnley tried to bully him when they got they few chances but I thought he stood up well.

Veltman - 7 Really enjoyed his passing. He was solid too.

Webster - 7 Very solid at the back, Burnley gave him nothing to worry about.

White - 6 Helped us keep a lot of possession, didn’t help us score a goal.

Burn - 6 Took up some great positions with some really neat inter-passing. However, he does not help us score goals and usually does not help us to not concede. We missed March.

Lamptey - 8 Very good in the first half, not quite so good in the second. Was a victim of one of Burnley’s many brilliant blocks.

Bissouma - 7 Another very good performance in the centre. Struggles to create chances and score but we have others to do that.

Groß - 5 Crosses we’re ok. But no pace to threaten Burnley and his shooting was bad.

Lallana - 8 MOTM Takes up great positions. He is our main creative force now. Some lovely passes and ideas but we NEED goals and assists from him.

Maupay - 5 Good all around game and gave space to others. But his shooting game has gone. Bench him next time.

Welbeck - 5 He was only prolific for England. Two great chances to score which a Top Six Striker (and many others) would have buried with ease. I thought he was fantastic other than the shooting but that was his job - hope he improves in front of goal and soon.

Potter - 7 His team played Burnley off the park. However we’re all getting board of watching Man City without goals. He has to crack this goal scoring conundrum and make sure the players create better chances and then bloody well take them. It’s getting so mind numbingly frustrating.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Ryan 5 Glad he didn't have a save to make, he looked a bag of nerves and I think that rubbed off on the three centre backs. Very unconvincing.

Lamptey 8 Too good for this team, we will be lucky to keep him beyond the summer.

Webster 5.5 Did ok defensively but some very poor passing.

White 5.5 As above really, but not to such a great extent. Did however very nearly cost us with an awful pass from the edge of our box straight to a Burnley player in the first half.

Veltman 6.5 The most composed of the backline, solid if unspectacular.

Burn 4.5 Dreadful going forward, managed to kill every attacking move he got involved in. Decent effort on goal in the first half though. Needs to be Alzate at LWB for Villa if March isn't back.

Bissouma 6.5 Much improved on WBA. Not his absolute best but a decent showing. He does seem to sit pretty deep but assume he is being told to do so.

Groß 6.5 followed on his good performance against WBA with another decent showing for a fair portion of the game, should have been subbed after an hour though.

Lallana 8- Really classy display again. Such a talented player. Just wish he would crack on and shoot every once in a while...

Maupay 5 He did get involved in some nice link up play to his credit, but his overall performance was poor. Miscontrolled a few, couple of poor finishes, missed at least two good chances to square it by greedily going it alone. Very surprised by the decision to leave him out there.

Welbeck 6 Promising, think he will turn out to be a good signing. Got in some good positions and gave us a bit of presence. Needs time to get up to speed though.

Agree with the comment that Burnley's defensive were very good, Mee and Pope in particular.

Last edited:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Ryan - 6 - not troubled apart from the cross that beat him but not the crossbar. Yes, a "bit flappy on crosses" but i don't mind a punch aslong as it deals with it. Nothing to criticise really, apart from seeming a bit meek.
Veltman - 7 - assured, l like him... and getting better each game.
Webster 5 - defensively ok and a couple of positive ball carrying steams forward but his passing was well off so a bit of a liability at times.
White 6 - anonymous, still yet to see what the fuss was about.
Lamptey 8 - oh the commentators love him. He was v good but he can't yet walk on water.
Burn 5 - seemed to have a lot of the ball and tired hard to be positive. Some neat touches and then some bloody awful ones. When we were pressing in the last 10 minutes everyone seemed to give it to him like a hot potato.
Bissouma 7 - very assured, a good, steady, aggressive performance but I miss him steaming forward more.
Gross 7 - played well like the last game without really opening Burnley up. Classy still though (in slow motion of course)
Lallana 7.5 - on a different wavelength, lovely close control and first time passes, a level above. Best game for 60 mins.
Maupay - 5 - sorry, i have gone off him immensely in recent games. So obvious he won't pass when in the box (exception: one lovely one touch ball to Welbeck in the box). We all know a good striker is selfish but his attempts at goal recently have been so, so poor.
Welbeck 6 - promising performance despite being very rusty and faced a goalkeeper in v good form. I think he will soon score for us.

Potter - 6 because I thought we played well yet loses a point for the timewasting, seemingly pointless late subs

Last edited:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I wonder how these points would have differed if Burnley had scored an own goal right at the end.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ryan - 7 Burnley tried to bully him when they got they few chances but I thought he stood up well.

Veltman - 7 Really enjoyed his passing. He was solid too.

Webster - 7 Very solid at the back, Burnley gave him nothing to worry about.

White - 6 Helped us keep a lot of possession, didn’t help us score a goal.

Burn - 6 Took up some great positions with some really neat inter-passing. However, he does not help us score goals and usually does not help us to not concede. We missed March.

Lamptey - 8 Very good in the first half, not quite so good in the second. Was a victim of one of Burnley’s many brilliant blocks.

Bissouma - 7 Another very good performance in the centre. Struggles to create chances and score but we have others to do that.

Groß - 5 Crosses we’re ok. But no pace to threaten Burnley and his shooting was bad.

Lallana - 8 MOTM Takes up great positions. He is our main creative force now. Some lovely passes and ideas but we NEED goals and assists from him.

Maupay - 5 Good all around game and gave space to others. But his shooting game has gone. Bench him next time.

Welbeck - 5 He was only prolific for England. Two great chances to score which a Top Six Striker (and many others) would have buried with ease. I thought he was fantastic other than the shooting but that was his job - hope he improves in front of goal and soon.

Potter - 7 His team played Burnley off the park. However we’re all getting board of watching Man City without goals. He has to crack this goal scoring conundrum and make sure the players create better chances and then bloody well take them. It’s getting so mind numbingly frustrating.

I appreciate it’s all about opinions, but Groß and Welbeck 5 i.e. below average?

Mattigil

Jan 10, 2020
Ryan 5
Lamptey 8
Burn 7
White 6
Webster 7
Veltman 7
Bissouma 8
Gross 6.5
Lallana 8.5 MOTM
Maupay 6
Welbeck 7

Ali J 5
Connolly na
I wonder how you were able to rate one of the two subs and put na for the other sub despite there being less than 3 minutes between subs. I can't understand how you'd be able to rate a sub when they were thrown on so late in the game [emoji23]

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
Ryan 5 Glad he didn't have a save to make, he looked a bag of nerves and I think that rubbed off on the three centre backs. Very unconvincing.

Lamptey 8 Too good for this team, we will be lucky to keep him beyond the summer.

Webster 5.5 Did ok defensively but some very poor passing.

White 5.5 As above really, but not to such a great extent. Did however very nearly cost us with an awful pass from the edge of our box straight to a Burnley player in the first half.

Veltman 6.5 The most composed of the backline, solid if unspectacular.

Burn 4.5 Dreadful going forward, managed to kill every attacking move he got involved in. Decent effort on goal in the first half though. Needs to be Alzate at LWB for Villa if March isn't back.

Bissouma 6.5 Much improved on WBA. Not his absolute best but a decent showing. He does seem to sit pretty deep but assume he is being told to do so.

Groß 6.5 followed on his good performance against WBA with another decent showing for a fair portion of the game, should have been subbed after an hour though.

Lallana 8- Really classy display again. Such a talented player. Just wish he would crack on and shoot every once in a while...

Maupay 5 He did get involved in some nice link up play to his credit, but his overall performance was poor. Miscontrolled a few, couple of poor finishes, missed at least two good chances to square it by greedily going it alone. Very surprised by the decision to leave him out there.

Welbeck 6 Promising, think he will turn out to be a good signing. Got in some good positions and gave us a bit of presence. Needs time to get up to speed though.

Agree with the comment that Burnley's defensive were very good, Mee and Pope in particular.

Pretty much agree with this though it's at odds with other ratings.

If we can keep Lallana and Welbeck fit I think the end product will come and we'll start seeing the results our performances have often deserved.

Think we really need a good quality holding midfielder to protect our back line better though as we often look really vulnerable now. Don't think Bissouma is suited to this role and is much better further forward....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Ryan 5. Didn’t have much to do, but still looked unconvincing. It’s obvious they were targeting his crapness at crosses too.
Lamptey 8. Lamptey needs his own rating scale because he is so gifted. A six for Lamptey is an eight for others.
Burn 5. I hear a lot of ‘he does a job’, but really, he’s too limited at this level. And even though he’s tall he’s weak in the air.
White 6. Scrappy passing, adequate defending
Webster 6. Even scrappier passing, some dominant defending
Veltman 7. Has kept up his solid form
Lallana 8. He’s very good, but I’m not sure how effective he will be in a struggling team like ours
Bissouma 6. Still not quite the consistent, dominant force many hope he could be. Did alright though.
Gross 6. I always sigh when he starts as he’s so slow.. Had some good moments.
Welbeck 7. Started well and put himself about. Unfortunately he’s not a prolific goal scorer. I suppose if he was, he wouldn’t be at Albion. Encouraging signs.
Maupay 4. useless last night. I’d have given Connolly a run from half time

Potter 5. I look at our overall style and think he’s one goal scorer away from being a genius.
I look at our corners and think, what do they do all week.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here