Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Burn

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Should play centre half or not play in the team. Shocking as a left back or a left wing back .Always gives 100 per cent but not good enough to play where he is currently being played.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
No, I think Burn against Burnley is ideal in that position. We needed his height but also his athleticism is underrated. I think he's got to improve going forward and he should have improved over the last 12 months but if there is an improvement it's marginal at best based on what I've seen.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Burn was great, people are judging to much of his performance from that horrible, horrible cross in the last minutes. He doesnt contribute as much as March going forward, but he is far from bad going forward, and defensively his importance is gigantic. Tonight he won seven out of eight duels in the air. No other Brighton player won more than 2, and no Brighton player won more than 50% of their duels in the air. Burn effectively, single-handedly destroyed Burnleys only way to attack.

He is no Roberto Carlos but extremely good to have in the side. Works hard, good technique, good defensively.

I know a lot of people last season wanted Bernardo instead of Burn. Why? If Bernardo is some kind of brilliant, point producing Lamptey clone, he sure as hell havent shown it. People still refer to him being great under CH:s last spring as manager. While I didnt watch it, I have to wonder if he was all that good or if anyone not being shit while you're stomped by Bournemouth gets too much credit.

He is a worse version of Burn as I see it. Burnardo.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Should play centre half or not play in the team. Shocking as a left back or a left wing back .Always gives 100 per cent but not good enough to play where he is currently being played.

Agree Had very little defending to do but was rubbish in attacking half. Assume he is played for his height. OK defending corners because just needs to get a touch to clear. However very rarely wins attacking corners. One of pundits against spurs couldnt understand why he didnt win more at corners, summed it up. Many forwards who are 6' jump over 7'. However Burn who is 6' 7" jumps 7'
Not popular on here but prefer Barnardo at full back

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Bernardo has been abysmal every time he’s performed this season. Burn had a reasonable game tonight, whilst not being a natural or obvious wing back.

Highlights the lack of genuine competition for March.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Burn was great, people are judging to much of his performance from that horrible, horrible cross in the last minutes. He doesnt contribute as much as March going forward, but he is far from bad going forward, and defensively his importance is gigantic. Tonight he won seven out of eight duels in the air. No other Brighton player won more than 2, and no Brighton player won more than 50% of their duels in the air. Burn effectively, single-handedly destroyed Burnleys only way to attack.

He is no Roberto Carlos but extremely good to have in the side. Works hard, good technique, good defensively.

I know a lot of people last season wanted Bernardo instead of Burn. Why? If Bernardo is some kind of brilliant, point producing Lamptey clone, he sure as hell havent shown it. People still refer to him being great under CH:s last spring as manager. While I didnt watch it, I have to wonder if he was all that good or if anyone not being shit while you're stomped by Bournemouth gets too much credit.

He is a worse version of Burn as I see it. Burnardo.

The one thing Burn wasn’t tonight was great. Sliced clearances, sloppy passing, woeful offensively. Thank goodness Burnley were so terrible offensively.

At times his technique is actually really poor, but then does something routine well.

Despite his height he offers little on set pieces.

I’d be happier if we hadn’t loaned Cochrane out, only true competition to Solly given Bernardo seems to have forgotten how to play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
We needed to sign a LWB in the summer , we all knew this.

Burn for me is a good option on the bench but he is limited.

Bernardo is no where near good enough.

What kids do we have lwb ?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The commentator last evening after BDB sliced that delightful reverse pass from Lallana:

"After the touch of a piano player we had the touch of a piano shifter".

Or something like that.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I feel a bit for Big Dan Burn. He's asked to do a role, he doesn't shirk from it, he seems a 100%er and he does some things very well. I'd imagine though if you asked him if he felt this role was his natural position he'd say.... er, no.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I don't like this criticism of Burn, he is a good player who has never let us down.

Unfortunately for him last night he was played out of position at wing back but he still did ok and gave everything as always. He should be played at centre back of left back in a back four though, that's it.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I thought he played well. Very well at times.:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here