Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan Burn

Members

Dan Burn

0 Not allowed!
    Should play centre half or not play in the team. Shocking as a left back or a left wing back .Always gives 100 per cent but not good enough to play where he is currently being played.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      I thought alzate would play lwb if March was out, burn did squander a lot of decent crossing chances but he wasn’t alone in being scared to get the ball in

1 Not allowed!
      I thought he tired badly in the last 20 mins. I would have taken him off.
      Forever a DAFT Bint
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Agreed
      Centre half or out

Bernardo in
      Your mum.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Horses for courses. He was a certainty to play against Burnley. Just highlights our poor LWB options.

0 Not allowed!
      No, I think Burn against Burnley is ideal in that position. We needed his height but also his athleticism is underrated. I think he's got to improve going forward and he should have improved over the last 12 months but if there is an improvement it's marginal at best based on what I've seen.
      Sensible madman

12 Not allowed!
      Burn was great, people are judging to much of his performance from that horrible, horrible cross in the last minutes. He doesnt contribute as much as March going forward, but he is far from bad going forward, and defensively his importance is gigantic. Tonight he won seven out of eight duels in the air. No other Brighton player won more than 2, and no Brighton player won more than 50% of their duels in the air. Burn effectively, single-handedly destroyed Burnleys only way to attack.

He is no Roberto Carlos but extremely good to have in the side. Works hard, good technique, good defensively.

I know a lot of people last season wanted Bernardo instead of Burn. Why? If Bernardo is some kind of brilliant, point producing Lamptey clone, he sure as hell havent shown it. People still refer to him being great under CH:s last spring as manager. While I didnt watch it, I have to wonder if he was all that good or if anyone not being shit while you're stomped by Bournemouth gets too much credit.

He is a worse version of Burn as I see it. Burnardo.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ethelwulf View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Should play centre half or not play in the team. Shocking as a left back or a left wing back .Always gives 100 per cent but not good enough to play where he is currently being played.
      Agree Had very little defending to do but was rubbish in attacking half. Assume he is played for his height. OK defending corners because just needs to get a touch to clear. However very rarely wins attacking corners. One of pundits against spurs couldnt understand why he didnt win more at corners, summed it up. Many forwards who are 6' jump over 7'. However Burn who is 6' 7" jumps 7'
      Not popular on here but prefer Barnardo at full back
      Members

3 Not allowed!
      Bernardo has been abysmal every time he’s performed this season. Burn had a reasonable game tonight, whilst not being a natural or obvious wing back.

Highlights the lack of genuine competition for March.
      Members

Dan Burn

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Swansman View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Burn was great, people are judging to much of his performance from that horrible, horrible cross in the last minutes. He doesnt contribute as much as March going forward, but he is far from bad going forward, and defensively his importance is gigantic. Tonight he won seven out of eight duels in the air. No other Brighton player won more than 2, and no Brighton player won more than 50% of their duels in the air. Burn effectively, single-handedly destroyed Burnleys only way to attack.

He is no Roberto Carlos but extremely good to have in the side. Works hard, good technique, good defensively.

I know a lot of people last season wanted Bernardo instead of Burn. Why? If Bernardo is some kind of brilliant, point producing Lamptey clone, he sure as hell havent shown it. People still refer to him being great under CH:s last spring as manager. While I didnt watch it, I have to wonder if he was all that good or if anyone not being shit while you're stomped by Bournemouth gets too much credit.

He is a worse version of Burn as I see it. Burnardo.
      The one thing Burn wasn’t tonight was great. Sliced clearances, sloppy passing, woeful offensively. Thank goodness Burnley were so terrible offensively.

At times his technique is actually really poor, but then does something routine well.

Despite his height he offers little on set pieces.

I’d be happier if we hadn’t loaned Cochrane out, only true competition to Solly given Bernardo seems to have forgotten how to play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk