Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Saints at the moment

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Obviously playing well but just a little over a year ago they lost 9-0.... They’d gone.

I thought we actually were pretty close to being on a par with them. Credit to them but I do fill a bit pissed off because there are such good signs from our mob but it just can’t get up to full speed. It’s much better but....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Even we beat Newcastle.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
They are doing well and showing that having patience in a manager producing promising tendencies but not yet the results usually pay off in the end.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
They are doing well and showing that having patience in a manager producing promising tendencies but not yet the results usually pay off in the end.

Say if, and it's a big IF, GP got the heave ho and ended up replacing Bielsa.
Would you follow :whistle:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I watched the second half.

Pace everywhere, CM’ers driving directly forward at every opportunity, passing at pace tearing NUFC apart, it could’ve been 5-0.

Near the end Walcott was clearly fouled in the box but laughably VAR said no.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Say if, and it's a big IF, GP got the heave ho and ended up replacing Bielsa.
Would you follow :whistle:

It depends on the circumstances. I dont like Leeds fans and there is no chance I would mingle with them a couple of hours every day. I'd probably watch a lot of Leeds though, and hoped they would do well, but secretly wanting GP out of there as quickly as possible.

My interest in him and his career would (most likely) only end if he ends up in Manchester, Liverpool or London. My love for Potter is the love for his values and these commercial enterprise spaceships shitting all over football collides with those values.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It depends on the circumstances. I dont like Leeds fans and there is no chance I would mingle with them a couple of hours every day. I'd probably watch a lot of Leeds though, and hoped they would do well, but secretly wanting GP out of there as quickly as possible.

My interest in him and his career would (most likely) only end if he ends up in Manchester, Liverpool or London. My love for Potter is the love for his values and these commercial enterprise spaceships shitting all over football collides with those values.

Let's hope he stays then :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Beyond coaches, Stains also seem to recruit players brilliantly. Not necessarily obscure finds, they make a beeline for a name, pay a chunky fee and get their man. Their development system isn’t too shabby ... Ward-Prowse deservedly now in the England squad, Armstrong came on tonight and was a nightmare with the ball for NUFC.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Obviously playing well but just a little over a year ago they lost 9-0.... They’d gone.

I thought we actually were pretty close to being on a par with them. Credit to them but I do fill a bit pissed off because there are such good signs from our mob but it just can’t get up to full speed. It’s much better but....

As you say, last year they lost 9:0 to Leicester (could you imagine the scenes on here if that happened to us?).

This year they lost their first two games 1:0 to Palarse, and 5:2 to Spurs. They also got completely embarrassed in the League Cup 2:0 by the Brentford reserves (there was a COVID issue).

And then something clicked and they grew in confidence, and now they are top of the league.

We should be looking at them as inspiration because we too clearly have a vision.

I think we have the right manager and I think we aren't that far from a little bit of luck or something clicking that will put us on a successful path.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
As you say, last year they lost 9:0 to Leicester (could you imagine the scenes on here if that happened to us?).

This year they lost their first two games 1:0 to Palarse, and 5:2 to Spurs. They also got completely embarrassed in the League Cup 2:0 by the Brentford reserves (there was a COVID issue).

And then something clicked and they grew in confidence, and now they are top of the league.

We should be looking at them as inspiration because we too clearly have a vision.

I think we have the right manager and I think we aren't that far from a little bit of luck or something clicking that will put us on a successful path.

Post of the day for me.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Beyond coaches, Stains also seem to recruit players brilliantly. Not necessarily obscure finds, they make a beeline for a name, pay a chunky fee and get their man. Their development system isn’t too shabby ... Ward-Prowse deservedly now in the England squad, Armstrong came on tonight and was a nightmare with the ball for NUFC.

Yup. I think if there's a "role model" club for TB in England, Saints would be it. They've ****ed up a few times over the years, on and off the pitch, but generally they try to play decent football, they produce talent and make a lot out of a little. In the short to mid term, their relative stability is probably the target (in the long run it should be possible to outgrow them).

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I watched the second half.

Pace everywhere, CM’ers driving directly forward at every opportunity, passing at pace tearing NUFC apart, it could’ve been 5-0.

Near the end Walcott was clearly fouled in the box but laughably VAR said no.

The big change in their game after that horrible defeat was playing with pace and raising the tempo.

Something Potter hasn't learnt yet.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The big change in their game after that horrible defeat was playing with pace and raising the tempo.

Something Potter hasn't learnt yet.

I know it’ll go tits up for Stains at some stage in this hard league, but just now they seem a unit that has it all. Great goalie, Vestergaard imperious, an energetic DM mopping up all danger, leaving a bunch of creators with goals in them and the pace to tear opposition defences apart.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I know it’ll go tits up for Stains at some stage in this hard league, but just now they seem a unit that has it all. Great goalie, Vestergaard imperious, an energetic DM mopping up all danger, leaving a bunch of creators with goals in them and the pace to tear opposition defences apart.

And someone who can take a half decent free kick.

There is no point getting remotely excited when we win one outside the box.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Bizarre. I am sure Potters values wouldn't preclude him from taking an offer at one of those clubs. Lets hope he does so well here we can test this one

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003

I also remember them getting ripped apart by Bournemouth at home around that time....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here