Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Has this been the most FRUSTRATING season of ALL TIME ??

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At the start of the season we would have had two penalties tonight, both for crosses/shots blocked by defenders arms.

How many deflected shots have we conceded from? (Admittedly these have stopped since Dunk was suspended)
Not to mention Lampey getting strangled v Batshiti not even being touched.

For all the shots the stats say we are taking, I can't remember too many worldie saves to keep us out.

Or massive deflections wrong footing the 'keeper.

Damn if it wasn’t for the fact we can’t score or defend we’d be doing so well

frustrating probably because we have damn good team that SHOULD win but DONT. Other eras we didnt win because we had shit teams - possibly of course except 1981-83 when we played above ourselves in the old First division. In them days ANY win was a godsend and we didnt assume we had ANY right to win a game.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Yes. Our approach play is lovely but as strange as it seems I feel as disillusioned with this season as I was under Hyypia (obviously the class is incomparable). Just feels like it doesn’t even matter if we’re dominating games plus we’re just so nice.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Chelsea 1-3 - play well, lose to a stupid error, a worldy and a maHOOsive fluke deflection
Man Utd 2-3 - play well, hit the woodwork x5 (some kind of record), lose to a goal after the final whistle (some kind of record)
Palace 1-1 - play them off the park for the full 90, fall behind to one of the scabbiest pens you'll ever see, and end up chasing down 1 point that should have been 3
WBA 1-1 - play them off the park for 45 minutes but fail to put them away, then inexplicably STINK the place out second half and lucky to get a point
Spurs 1-2 - play well, loads of the ball. Get cheated by ANOTHER scabby pen that wasn't
Burnley 0-0 - play them off the park, 19 efforts on goal, same old story

Newcastle was great obvs. Everton is the only game I've felt we've really been deservedly well beaten. We are architects of our own downfall in most of these games, but are we also unlucky ? Or are we just SHIT ?

Easily the most frustrating season of all time.

In fact it has had 2 of the 3 most frustrating matches i've ever supported a team through (Man U and Palace. England v Germany Euro 96 being the other).

We've certainly had worse seasons. Under Hyppia, McGhee, Case etc. However they were easier to rationalise. We were just shit.

I've certainly never had the sense of getting less than we deserve as much I do this season

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Easily the most frustrating season of all time.

In fact it has had 2 of the 3 most frustrating matches i've ever supported a team through (Man U and Palace. England v Germany Euro 96 being the other).

We've certainly had worse seasons. Under Hyppia, McGhee, Case etc. However they were easier to rationalise. We were just shit.

I've certainly never had the sense of getting less than we deserve as much I do this season

At what point does it stop being frustrating bad luck and start being something else?

Falmer Wizard

Jun 23, 2020
Yes absolutely. I'm almost glad we aren't allowed at games. Most of my time watching the Albion, the football has been much worse and we've often been awful but this has been unbelievably frustrating (mostly because we look so good in the middle third of the pitch) and I'm not convinced anything is going to change anytime soon.

You have to accept we are also rans in the Premiership, which is headed by an elite number of clubs in the top eight, the alternate to this is becoming a member of the Championship league and playing clubs of our standard

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
At the start of the season we would have had two penalties tonight, both for crosses/shots blocked by defenders arms.

I'd like to see a rule that states you cannot change a rule mid season. It is patently unfair to certain clubs (this time us) who have already suffered by a rule only for it to be changed and suffer again when it would have gone in our favour !

Plus Lamptey , when he is grabbed across the neck , needs to go down in the box holding his neck.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Not sure the constant team changes help, give the players a chance to get to know each other might help

In the 8 games this season weve had 2 straight reds with Dunk and Biss both missing 3 games. 3 players left out for disciplinary reasons and Tross injured. Players with long travel back from internationals and add to that wed all like to see how Welbeck plays. The only player I can think of that Id like to start who isnt regularly is Alzate. Not sure how more settled we could be to be honest given all thats happened so far. Weve also scored in every one of those games except one. Maybe its a matter of balance? Too defensive and we dont score or too attacking and we concede as well as score?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here