Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Has this been the most FRUSTRATING season of ALL TIME ??

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
I also can’t shake the feeling that the last second goal conceded against Man U was a turning point which we haven’t recovered from. I know it’s ridiculous to have a turning point at that stage of a season but to me it’s still lingering.

I know what you mean. I certainly think Maupay hasn't shaken it. Not been the same player since.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Frustrating but quite satisfying we're not paying several hundred pounds and travelling all over the country to watch the same thing happen every 7 days

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I don’t think our failure to put chances away is luck. We’re slow to shoot, slow to get shots away, and generally just a bit slow in the final third. We take way too many touches in the box. We desperately need some genuine pace in our front line and/or a Greenwood style instinctive finisher. Oh, and a left wing back to whip some crosses in (Burn is not a LWB and March can’t cross - or shoot - to save his life).

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
YES - seen colossally shit teams representing this club but this squad and style of play is ridiculously good. ****ING please SCORE the goals that our play warrants

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
It’s a bit unbelievable really. Probably the best we’ve ever played, yet we can’t win and some major decisions have gone against us...and that’s WITH the use of VAR :ffsparr:

You just know we should be much further up the table and then you have so called fans saying how shit we are!

Like I said, it’s a bit unbelievable really.

Watching games in a pub, with fans of the opposition in attendance, is pretty bloody frustrating with the results we’ve had too.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don’t think our failure to put chances away is luck. We’re slow to shoot, slow to get shots away, and generally just a bit slow in the final third. We take way too many touches in the box. We desperately need some genuine pace in our front line and/or a Greenwood style instinctive finisher. Oh, and a left wing back to whip some crosses in (Burn is not a LWB and March can’t cross - or shoot - to save his life).

For all the shots the stats say we are taking, I can't remember too many worldie saves to keep us out.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
We need just a smidge more in a few positions.

Tonight that was:

Dan Burn, Pascal Gross and Neal Maupay.

Or else whoever plays in their place.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Last night was as frustrated as I’ve have been since some of the games under Poyet where we dominated but failed to win.

I think the confidence in the final third is totally shot. Worryingly it seems the fear factor is crippling us in front of goal.

We need a massive slice of luck and some stoic defending (bonus is that our talisman at the back returns for the next game) to kick start/turn around our season.

Amidst all the frustration some of the interplay, ball control and speed of passing in the rest of the pitch is jaw dropping for an Albion team imo

If only Potter could get us to break at pace and run at the opposition when we turn the ball over in our last 1/4 of the pitch. Lamptey can do it but the others always look for the safe option in our build up which gives the opposition time to get back.

I am still a massive Potter fan and wouldn’t want us to change to another manager. We need to hold our nerve, it will turn around.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
The xG table would agree with you [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION], although it really shows that we've scored pretty much bang on as many goals as our chance creation would suggest, however we're being punished at the other end, conceding almost 5 more goals than we "statistically" should of given the nature of chances created against us. Reece Jame's worldy springs to mind for example...

Screen Shot 2020-11-07 at 06.33.03.png

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Frustrating? Very much so. Last night reverting to the short corners again (without any end product). Even the commentators on Bein remarked as to why they were doing this after the abysmal failure of short corners away at Everton. Understand it? I for one don't.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Frustrating? Very much so. Last night reverting to the short corners again (without any end product). Even the commentators on Bein remarked as to why they were doing this after the abysmal failure of short corners away at Everton. Understand it? I for one don't.

Because our players are fecking useless at getting on the end of the ball from corners and Burnley are very good at it?

Last edited:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Keep thinking it's got to change soon and we will get the results our play deserves but I am beggining to wonder if it will.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
We are starting to resemble Bournemouth from seasons past. Lots of lovely football and easy on the eye, but as in their last season in the Prem, about as effective as a chocolate tea pot.

I'd rather see us shank a terrible 1-0 win with us only having 1 shot in the game if it gets us some points.

Don't want to hear all the lovely comments on TV and radio over the way we play but see us go down. Hopefully we haven't got Liverpool or Southampton anytime soon.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

With Burnley players like Wood and Barnes defending, you wanted corners to be kicked into the box? Burnley would have been away with a counter attack immediately.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here