Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Has this been the most FRUSTRATING season of ALL TIME ??

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Chelsea 1-3 - play well, lose to a stupid error, a worldy and a maHOOsive fluke deflection
Man Utd 2-3 - play well, hit the woodwork x5 (some kind of record), lose to a goal after the final whistle (some kind of record)
Palace 1-1 - play them off the park for the full 90, fall behind to one of the scabbiest pens you'll ever see, and end up chasing down 1 point that should have been 3
WBA 1-1 - play them off the park for 45 minutes but fail to put them away, then inexplicably STINK the place out second half and lucky to get a point
Spurs 1-2 - play well, loads of the ball. Get cheated by ANOTHER scabby pen that wasn't
Burnley 0-0 - play them off the park, 19 efforts on goal, same old story

Newcastle was great obvs. Everton is the only game I've felt we've really been deservedly well beaten. We are architects of our own downfall in most of these games, but are we also unlucky ? Or are we just SHIT ?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Yes absolutely. I'm almost glad we aren't allowed at games. Most of my time watching the Albion, the football has been much worse and we've often been awful but this has been unbelievably frustrating (mostly because we look so good in the middle third of the pitch) and I'm not convinced anything is going to change anytime soon.

Jimmy Grimble

Up there definitely.

It’s also one of the most perplexing. I have no idea what to make of us as a team at the moment.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I don't know what the problem is. They are set up well, they create far more opportunities than before. So I haven't a clue (like most who seem to think they do but change their mind on a whim).

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
It just feels like we’re cursed as we’ve playing well in pretty much every match this season yet only won once. Especially when awful teams like Newcastle and Palace seem able to pick up points despite having one or two attacks a match.

This is summed up by the fact that only Liverpool have had more shots than us this season and only Man City have faced fewer shots.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
At the start of the season we would have had two penalties tonight, both for crosses/shots blocked by defenders arms.

How many deflected shots have we conceded from? (Admittedly these have stopped since Dunk was suspended)

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
For me this season has the most frustrating that I remember because its been a continuation of last season and very similar to so many games then. I think it feels so frustrating (rather than, say, the feeling of despair/ hopelessness when we're just shit) because it still feels like we're on the cusp of being a really decent side, but for me it's feeling increasingly less likely that it's actually ever going to happen and we'll just drop back out of the Prem with a whimper in the end.

I've still got hope, and certainly not GP Out by any means yet, but that's my two cents worth

Jimmy Grimble

I also can’t shake the feeling that the last second goal conceded against Man U was a turning point which we haven’t recovered from. I know it’s ridiculous to have a turning point at that stage of a season but to me it’s still lingering.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think we’re pretty close to getting it right, I’m sure we’ll get there.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
4 seasons hanging on. Pretty boring now if honest. Especially when it’s so predictable we’ll lose in certain fixtures, that there’s zero chance of us pulling off a shock. Like the 20 top six away games where we’ve won once, lost 19 so far. And hardly scored in any either. :nono:

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
4 seasons hanging on. Pretty boring now if honest. Especially when it’s so predictable we’ll lose in certain fixtures, that there’s zero chance of us pulling off a shock. Like the 20 top six away games where we’ve won once, lost 19 so far. And hardly scored in any either. :nono:

Agree
Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea in particular you just know it’ll be so hard to get a win but Villa, Palace, Stains etc manage it

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here