Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Worst start to a season since 2002-2003

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
It’s our worst start since the season since 02-03. Sleep walking to the championship but hey ho we play nice pretty football and have a young upcoming manager that always take the positives from every game .

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Defence solid. Playing good stuff, just need to be better in the final third. We’ve got Lalana and Welbeck looking promising. Right now we look nothing like a relegation bound team IMO.

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
But 4 wins in our last 25 matches is a record we should be pleased with - according to some on here.

Talk about setting the bar - really really low.

Piss pot Potter performing poorly should poodle off

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Defence solid. Playing good stuff, just need to be better in the final third. We’ve got Lalana and Welbeck looking promising. Right now we look nothing like a relegation bound team IMO.
2 bore draws at home to relegation fodder tells a different story IMHO. I hope you're right, but we seem to either look good in attack and ship cheap goals or look better in defence and can't score (so don't win then either).

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit

Defence solid?
Ffs wake up
Shipped sooo many goals.
Look so shakey at every cross.
Incredible statement.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It’s our worst start since the season since 02-03. Sleep walking to the championship but hey ho we play nice pretty football and have a young upcoming manager that always take the positives from every game .

Whatever stats you’re drawing that from are across vastly different divisions- so they are bollox. But you knew that when you started the thread [emoji2369][emoji2369]

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
We've conceded the third highest amount of goals unfortunately.

Only West Brom and Liverpool(!) have let in more.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Whatever stats you’re drawing that from are across vastly different divisions- so they are bollox. But you knew that when you started the thread [emoji2369]

[emoji2369]

Of course any view different to yours is bollox some of our fans so far up their backsides .Official its our worst start since that season but I forgot that our club has been taken over by super super fans who views are always right .

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Of course any view different to yours is bollox some of our fans so far up their backsides .Official its our worst start since that season but I forgot that our club has been taken over by super super fans who views are always right .

So show the stats. The teams we’ve played, and the results, in the first 8 games in the years you’re quoting (as it’s ‘official’)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
We are so close to being a really exciting team playing the best football we have ever seen at Brighton. Personally, despite the frustration of watching us at the moment or possibke because of it) I think we are closer to becoming that team than we are to getting relegated.

Work in progress, still in progress. Despite it not progressing as quickly as we would like I am happy to be patient to see if project potter can bear fruit.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Sorry, missed our club being taken over by super fans. Thought we'd found a decent owner who's put in a decent amiunt of cash, and had the welfare of the club at heart.

But you carry on ..............................

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Remind me - how many divisions lower were we playing in in 2002 -2003?

Just the one. We were in the Championship and got relegated on the last game of the season away to Grimsby. I thought that was Zamora’s last goal for the Albion that day. Little did we know that our lord and saviour would be back at the Amex.

If my memory is correct we drew 2-2 with Grimsby.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Defence solid?
Ffs wake up
Shipped sooo many goals.
Look so shakey at every cross.
Incredible statement.

Shipping goals? Hardly. With Dunky coming back we’ll be fine.

Honestly I think we’re in a false position and will start climbing the table if we keep playing like we are.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So show the stats. The teams we’ve played, and the results, in the first 8 games in the years you’re quoting.

the stats bear it out. It is there in black and white. They can't lie.

This is the worst Brighton team since 2002/2003 :lolol::lolol::shootself

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
We are so close to being a really exciting team playing the best football we have ever seen at Brighton. Personally, despite the frustration of watching us at the moment or possibke because of it) I think we are closer to becoming that team than we are to getting relegated.

Work in progress, still in progress. Despite it not progressing as quickly as we would like I am happy to be patient to see if project potter can bear fruit.

This.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here