Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] At what point should Potter be sacked?

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Genuine question - when should Potter be sacked?
4 wins in 25 games is not temporary loss of form.

Never?
When we are relegated?
10 points adrift of 4th bottom at Christmas?
If we don’t win in the next month?
If we can’t beat Villa?

Thing is he might actually be alright in the Championship. Can't see us sacking him.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Didn't we have to go through similar threads, when Chris Hughton went through a bad patch.
We are playing great footy IMO, but obviously we have to convert the chances.
TB didn't sign GP for 6 years on a whim, he must've seen something in him.
Goals will come :thumbsup:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
:yawn:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Far too early be talking about that. We've been unluckly. We had a similar run under Hughton but we were second best every week.

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
Should never have given him a 5 year contract.

The guy is not a winner - what has he won?

No decent forwards - we were always going to struggle

The guy has no passion

He’ll take us down this season

Nothing is going to change - the club don’t deserve to be in the Premier without investing in attacking players.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If you listen to fans, there would be a couple of hundred managers sacked in the PL each year.

As long as the team performs as well as it does (performance wise, not results) and the results are good enough to stay up, I doubt TB is going to sack GP. The main reason being that TB got a brain.

Elipsis

Sep 14, 2019
Thing is he might actually be alright in the Championship. Can't see us sacking him.
I'm not sure. The Championship is a slog and to get promoted you need to grind out the ugly wins. I'm not sure that's in GP's make up. Swansea finished 10th under him and their positions have improved since....

Sent from my 5039D_EEA using Tapatalk

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
In fairness to Potter he's had to make do with what's there when the general consensus was that we needed to get a couple of decent strikers in....and that is the glaring inadequacy now....for all our pretty approach play.

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
Far too early be talking about that. We've been unluckly. We had a similar run under Hughton but we were second best every week.

Can’t buy that. Huffed & puffed tonight but we were not unlucky. Pope didn’t have to make a proper save. 4 wins in 25 is PATHETIC

GET RID NOW please

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
I'm conflicted on this one. If we sack him, it has to be while we have a chance of staying up, because he'd be the perfect manager for us in the championship.

And I'm not really sure what more he can do with regards to finishing/play in the box, I simply think it's a question of squad quality (imagine if we had Nunez now...)

The worry for me about potter himself is the appalling game management, as we saw against West brom and so many others. But at the moment, the focus has to be on us scoring goals, it's been 6 games since one of our forwards bar maupay scored. That is not good enough.

Sacking potter won't make us start taking chances, and I really enjoy watching the football he plays. With that in mind, I'd have to say in answer to your question: not now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here