Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Geoffrey Palmer RIP

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The way that he nonchalantly swept the soldiers into the dustpan was truly tragi-comic.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Was a fan of Butterflies and As Time Goes By. Shame, he was a great actor.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
One of the finest deadpan comic actors.

R.I.P. Geoffrey.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Also appeared in one of British Drama's finest hours, the December 1972 episode of Colditz, Tweedledum where Wing Commander Marsh (Michael Bryant) attempts to escape by feigning insanity.

Geoffrey Palmer's doctor is one of the few who know the plan...

If you've never seen it, it's worth tracking down. A truly moving hour of television.

RiP Geoffrey.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
The master of TLD dead pan look. Will always be Uncle Jimmy for me from Reggie Perrin. " Bit of a cock up on the catering front "

Curious memory was a few years back on the Sky Sunday coverage of an Arsenal home game. In build up to kick off the camera was panning across fans going mental and there if was looking pretty up for it. The commentator remarked ' you might just have recognised someone there! '

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
A brilliant actor, loved his deadpan performances especially. British acting royalty really. Sad to hear he’s passed.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Also appeared in one of British Drama's finest hours, the December 1972 episode of Colditz, Tweedledum where Wing Commander Marsh (Michael Bryant) attempts to escape by feigning insanity.

Geoffrey Palmer's doctor is one of the few who know the plan...

If you've never seen it, it's worth tracking down. A truly moving hour of television.

RiP Geoffrey.

Used to watch Colditz with my mum every Tuesday ?
Commander Marsh went mad while pretending to be didnt he ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here