Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] silly names ...?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Back in about 95 in London, I started work for a flooring independent inspections company assessing flooring that had been damaged for insurance companies for a short while (hated it went back on the tools after 2 weeks)
They were an upcoming company anyway and the guy that trained me for a week, helped start the company, but got into financial trouble through gambling and his shares got bought out leaving one sole owner. Later the company after i left got sold to a big conglomeration including the insurance companies and he missed out on a fortune.

His name no lie...

Wayne King

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
Many many years ago I used to deal with a company called Mycox Electrical.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Fanny Chmelar

fanny-chmelar.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I lived in a shared house back in 1990 with a bullshitting petty thief called Alex Crotch.

I never met his brother, Nicholas.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
No word of a lie, I grew up in hurstpierpoint and my Nan and grandad lived in albourne
There was a farmer named George Hole in albourne, my Nan knew his wife who she attended the local women’s institute with.
I have 3 older brothers so can you imagine us 4 boys in our early teens sitting round the Christmas table
While my Nan spoke of the wonderful marmalade that her friend had made, she often said both names when mentioning people so we suppressed our laughter and kicked each other under the table whilst being scowled at by our parents while my dear old innocent nan spoke of her friend........Fanny......

.......Hole

Mentioned here...
http://walks.walkingworld.com/walk/Albourne-Village-and-Blackstone-Circular.aspx

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I used to order business cards for consultants at PriceWaterhouse.

One chap who used to reorder regularly was called Nicholas Sex.

I assumed it was legit.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
There was an IT fella at my company 15 years ago or so, whose name was Bola Salami.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was at a school with a kid whose surname was Rashleigh-Belcher. Poor kid got ribbed to death

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here