Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Punk/New Wave BBC4 tonight

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Not sure if new progs but possibly are. Tonight from 9 and repeated later - for those of us of a certain age and memory. Hopefully to celebrate earlier victories but if not to help drown sorrows.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Think they are new - hosted by sometime Seagulls fan Annie Nightingale.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
excellent. sounds of my childhood and early youth, TOTP was rammed full of great song every week back then.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Pt. 1 The programme includes The Damned’s set-smashing performance on The Old Grey Whistle Test and the Sex Pistols' anarchic trip on the Thames. It also features powerful live performances from Iggy Pop, Patti Smith, Gang of Four, Linton Kwesi Johnson, Tubeway Army, Ian Dury and the Blockheads, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Soft Cell, The Selecter, Joy Division and the Au Pairs. In addition, there are gems from The New York Dolls, The Fall, Blondie, Pete Shelley, The Police, Devo, X-Ray Spex, Klaus Nomi, Laurie Anderson and many more.

Pt. 2 This handpicked compilation features rare archive footage from The Slits, The Raincoats and Rhoda Dakar, as well as fantastic concert footage from Blondie and The Clash. Sprinkled throughout are live studio performances from The Old Grey Whistle Test, including a haunting performance of Ghosts by Japan, a classic Ramones clip and a rare John Foxx offering. The Teardrop Explodes and Tom Tom Club also feature, as do Adam Ant and Siouxsie Sioux.

Looks good.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I DJ'd a new wave night @ The DUke a few years ago, could have played all night, still had a stack of vinyl left after 4 hours.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Pt. 1 The programme includes The Damned’s set-smashing performance on The Old Grey Whistle Test and the Sex Pistols' anarchic trip on the Thames. It also features powerful live performances from Iggy Pop, Patti Smith, Gang of Four, Linton Kwesi Johnson, Tubeway Army, Ian Dury and the Blockheads, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Soft Cell, The Selecter, Joy Division and the Au Pairs. In addition, there are gems from The New York Dolls, The Fall, Blondie, Pete Shelley, The Police, Devo, X-Ray Spex, Klaus Nomi, Laurie Anderson and many more.

Pt. 2 This handpicked compilation features rare archive footage from The Slits, The Raincoats and Rhoda Dakar, as well as fantastic concert footage from Blondie and The Clash. Sprinkled throughout are live studio performances from The Old Grey Whistle Test, including a haunting performance of Ghosts by Japan, a classic Ramones clip and a rare John Foxx offering. The Teardrop Explodes and Tom Tom Club also feature, as do Adam Ant and Siouxsie Sioux.

Looks good.

Looks very very good. Pt 1 in particular.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Looks good.

Ah, I see Psychobilly or the Garage/Trash scene completely ignored even though they influenced and played at many of the famous venues with many of those bands.
#bandslikethemeteors

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Video Killed The Radio Star - Twice? (#19 & #27)

I dont pay too much attention to detail on spotify, its not a record collection! Maybe the radio star survived the first attack?

Although I did notice recently I have 2 x 7" copies of the freshies - I'm In Love With The Girl On The Manchester Virgin Megastore Check-out Desk :lolol:

https://youtu.be/VvV465SHJBg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
90 odd on my playlist . . . . First up Is Vic there Dept S

not ewverything, particularly more obscure stuff, is on spotify

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6jsf3hQ8jAmlTFj6Ub4lzn?si=0TN8O0BhQsSdoDpgJQNkIQ

Quality.

Lovely to see The Vapors, XTC, The Beat, The Specials, The Buggles, Flock of Seagulls.

Did you go to gigs at that time? With mates I saw loads at The Suite, Dome, Brighton Centre, New Regent and trips elsewhere. Best memories are of The Suite (great acoustics and auditorium, 2,000 punters in scrum) and Portsmouth Guildhall.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Ah, I see Psychobilly or the Garage/Trash scene completely ignored even though they influenced and played at many of the famous venues with many of those bands.
#bandslikethemeteors

I guess there will always be more omitted than included. We pay a price for our exquisite tastes punk:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
After that...

Sky Arts, 10-11.15pm

Music Through the Lens
Season 1 Episode 1/6 - On Camera

The history and cultural impact of music photography, featuring interviews with renowned exponents as well as musicians, journalists and social commentators

Looks awesome.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Quality.

Lovely to see The Vapors, XTC, The Beat, The Specials, The Buggles, Flock of Seagulls.

Did you go to gigs at that time. With mates we saw loads at The Suite, Dome, Brighton Centre, New Regent and trips elsewhere. Best memories are of The Suite (great acoustics and auditorium, 2,000 punters in scrum) and Portsmouth Guildhall.

I'm a Bit too young for it all, its largely memorable from when I first started buying records around the age of 9-10 and what I saw on TOTP to start with, radio obviously, and some of the stuff my parents had, like BLondie, Police, Elvis Costello, Blockheads. Adam and the Ants and Madness were my first bands.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Did you go to gigs at that time? With mates I saw loads at The Suite, Dome, Brighton Centre, New Regent and trips elsewhere. Best memories are of The Suite (great acoustics and auditorium, 2,000 punters in scrum) and Portsmouth Guildhall.

One of the best, and loudest, for me was Secret Affair in the New Regent. Great stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here