Date: Friday 6th November 2020
Kick-off: 17:30 GMT
Referee: The Complete And Utter Shyster
Assistants: Ian Hussin, Daniel Robathan
Fourth Official: John Brooks
VAR: Michael Oliver
Additional VAR: Stephen Child

TEAM NEWS

Brighton striker Neal Maupay is back in contention after being left out against Tottenham for disciplinary reasons.

Lewis Dunk completes a ban, while Solly March and Alireza Jahanbakhsh will be assessed, but Tariq Lamptey should be fit despite being withdrawn against Spurs because of cramp.

Burnley captain Ben Mee could make his first appearance of the season after recovering from a thigh injury.

Johann Berg Gudmundsson may also return from a minor calf problem.

Phil Bardsley is available again after a period of self-isolation following a positive coronavirus test, but Erik Pieters and Jack Cork remain injured.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Brighton beat Burnley 2-1 at Turf Moor on the final day of last season, but that is their only win in six Premier League fixtures against the Clarets (D3, L2).
    [*=left]Burnley are unbeaten in the past four league meetings at the Amex Stadium, although three of those games ended in draws.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton have won just one of their past 12 Premier League home matches (D5, L6), and are winless in seven at the Amex Stadium since beating Arsenal in June.
    [*=left]The Seagulls could fail to win at least two of their opening eight top-flight fixtures for the first time in their history on Friday.
    [*=left]Graham Potter's side have allowed their opponents just 21 shots on target in this season's Premier League, a joint-low with Manchester City, who have played one game fewer.
    [*=left]Albion have won five of their six top-flight matches played on a Friday, including both games played at the Amex Stadium.
Burnley

• [*=left]The Clarets are without a victory in seven Premier League matches, their longest winless run since an eight-game streak two years ago. That sequence ended with a 1-0 victory against Brighton in December 2018.
    [*=left]Burnley have made their worst start to a league season, claiming one point from six matches.
    [*=left]Sean Dyche's side did not have a single shot on target against Chelsea last weekend, and overall have registered a league-low 18 attempts on goal this season.
    [*=left]Chris Wood has scored eight goals in his 16 league matches against Brighton, more than against any other side.
    [*=left]Johann Berg Gudmundsson could make his 100th Premier League appearance.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Trouble is that following football just leaves me angry these days, when I see the bad decisions being made that rob us of goals and points. I hope that I feel happy this evening.
Can we win this ? Yes, of course . Will we? That depends on forces outside the club's control these days...

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
As a good fan I expect us to lose but can I hope for a win?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
We only have to turn up to beat these northern monkeys. WE ARE BRIGHTON.

Burnley only scored 3 goals all season - cue them doubling that! but...we will win 5-3 with two goals in the final 10 minutes from Welbeck super sub

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Hhhmmmm....not sure about this...obviously would love to pick up a convincing win...but fearing a bore draw..who knows it might even be abandoned due to fog.Thing is we will either win,lose or draw and we may or may not score some goals or concede some or keep a clean sheet. It's a funny old game football.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Please no more hard luck stories.

Jimmy Grimble

Terrible, terrible feeling about tonight.

Feels like one of those doomsday games where we spiral into a rut.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
1. What a stupid time for a football match.

2. Not too worried about The Complete; I think compared with his even more inept colleagues, he's probably one of the more solid performers these days.

3. I think we'll play well and win.

4. I shall be pissed by 7.30pm.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Just wondering, do you think they came down yesterday? If so I thought all Hotels were in lockdown? Maybe they're driving down today! :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here