Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] My cancer story - Movember

Conrad

Aug 22, 2016
Forgive me if this is not allowed or in the wrong place please delete or move to the correct thread etc!

I have been a lurker on this forum for many years and a previous season ticket holder however had to give it up a few years ago because I went travelling. I'm 24 years old and currently just beginning my second battle with melanoma cancer, originally it was just an external mole which was removed and I was given the all clear however a month ago a lump in my neck has been confirmed as melanoma.

I'm going to be growing out the tash for movember and all money will be donated to testicular cancer, the most common cancer in men under 40. I'm asking my fellow Brighton and Hove Albion fans to get behind this amazing cause! My original target was smashed in under 30 minutes and we now have a new target, which I'm determined to reach, I know money is tight at the moment given the current COVID situation but even just a few quid would go so far and if not even a share on Facebook would be just as good! I'll insert the link to my Movember and Facebook page below.

Thank you for reading! UTA!

https://movember.com/m/14472773?mc=1

https://www.facebook.com/donate/277804533569273/277804556902604/

Last edited:

Conrad

Aug 22, 2016
Hi, I definitely will, tomorrow.

Is your prognosis looking good, if you don’t mind me asking?

Hey, brilliant, huge thanks!

No problem, I don't mind. In my first set of scans, the MRI of my neck and head showed no sign of any spread other than the lump they already know about. The CT scan on my fully body showed a dodgy looking lesion on my spine, so I've now had an MRI on my spine to investigate that further and also have a PET scan on Monday and then will find out the results and plan of action on Wednesday. I'm hoping for the best but currently on painkillers for pain in my back and groin area so think it may be a bit more than just the lump in the neck.

Conrad

Aug 22, 2016
Big thanks for all the donations and messages so far! £130 off reaching a total of £1k in under 24 hours, amazing! 5 hours left!

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

No problem, I don't mind. In my first set of scans, the MRI of my neck and head showed no sign of any spread other than the lump they already know about. The CT scan on my fully body showed a dodgy looking lesion on my spine, so I've now had an MRI on my spine to investigate that further and also have a PET scan on Monday and then will find out the results and plan of action on Wednesday. I'm hoping for the best but currently on painkillers for pain in my back and groin area so think it may be a bit more than just the lump in the neck.

Needless to say, good luck.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Done through Facebook.

All the best to you, fella. I am sending positive vibes, hoping that you get through this and continue to support the Albion long after I have gone. You are a year older than my son, also a massive Albion fan, and this seems to make this more personal.

Good luck!

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Get better soon, Mrs Jakarta has had a grim struggle with Cancer since 2016 but we look to be out the other side so it can be done these days - best of luck!

Never rocked the moustache look but seeing as I have a Spitfire Flight booked next year it would be rude not to try one...

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Get better soon, Mrs Jakarta has had a grim struggle with Cancer since 2016 but we look to be out the other side so it can be done these days - best of luck!

Never rocked the moustache look but seeing as I have a Spitfire Flight booked next year it would be rude not to try one...

Hi, I definitely will, tomorrow.

Is your prognosis looking good, if you don’t mind me asking?

Easy for me to say but keep your thoughts positive.

My wife had Lymphoma and the lump did not respond to the two types of Chemo that they gave her nor indeed follow-up radiotherapy treatment. Early this year she had a treatment called CAR-T which had just been signed off by NICE . She was the first NHS patient in the south east to have it. It cleared the Lymphoma quickly, it had been a large and very painful lump on side of her neck. Two PETscans later its still clear. I believe this treatment can be used for Melanoma.

A small donation made but more importantly remember people on this forum will try to help you.

All the best.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

My wife had Lymphoma and the lump did not respond to the two types of Chemo that they gave her nor indeed follow-up radiotherapy treatment. Early this year she had a treatment called CAR-T which had just been signed off by NICE . She was the first NHS patient in the south east to have it. It cleared the Lymphoma quickly, it had been a large and very painful lump on side of her neck. Two PETscans later its still clear. I believe this treatment can be used for Melanoma.

A small donation made but more importantly remember people on this forum will try to help you.

All the best.

That’s a great story. Wishing Mrs.W’sT a future entirely free of C.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

All the best.

I echo this post - for the great majority, the people on here have been fantastic towards me when I have come on here, AGAIN, boring them about my wife's cancer.

There might be a miserable bunch on here, especially after a poor game, but when it comes to the more human stuff this forum is generous beyond belief, in spirt and deed.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Good opportunity to remind people to alway check your moles and demand to see your GP if they change shape or colour!

One of mine did and was sort of early stage and when you get referred to a MacMillan nurse it gives one a jolt...fortunately I just have a bit of a scar ...all the best to the OP

Conrad

Aug 22, 2016

All the best.

Brilliant news, great stories that gave me a moral boost thanks for sharing, wish both your wives the best and for a full recovery!

Thanks everyone for your kind messages and donations. If anyone else is thinking about donating, I'm going to personally be donating an additional 10% of the total amount raised, on top of everything donated. Even more incentive to chuck a few quid at this great cause!

Looking forward to laying in a PET scan for 3 hours tomorrow. Might use the time to try figure out Potters next team selection.

Conrad

Aug 22, 2016
Just wanted to say a huge thanks to everyone that donated, very much appreciated and raised over £6k in the end.

Also a bit of good news I have been responding well to the immunotherapy and my last scans showed all the areas have shrunk and are less active, physically back to normal and in no pain and also my blood tests are back to normal/very good! Hoping it continues! :rave:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here