Oct 1, 2013
Tesco thinks it's a good idea..

Anyone out there who does this?
a52cbc0943496b5bd789f8cb4900b26d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I’ve had strawberries with black pepper before, helps bring through the flavour and sweetness of the strawberry.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So I know this is another of the OPs fishing Mumsnet threads but I'll bite anyway. Strawberries macerated in balsamic vinegar and black pepper are the absolute BUSINESS. Prefer them to the "with cream" serving suggestion.

Also

We've been here before, but yes, you're banned* for not posting the Shuggie Otis version :wink:

*from posting that song again

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
When I was a boy I had hay fever quite badly and strawberries was one of many things I was allergic to. The doc said try them with pepper on and you'll be all right. It worked. Well, I still got hay fever but not from strawberries.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So I know this is another of the OPs fishing Mumsnet threads but I'll bite anyway. Strawberries macerated in balsamic vinegar and black pepper are the absolute BUSINESS. Prefer them to the "with cream" serving suggestion.

Also

We've been here before, but yes, you're banned* for not posting the Shuggie Otis version :wink:

*from posting that song again
I saw the Black Pepper - Balsamic Vinegar suggestion a year or so back, I went to try it but bottled the Black Pepper. I do now love sliced Strawberries with Balsamic, with a shake of Icing sugar and a good a good vanilla ice cream... Marvellous!

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
Yep..

had it with champers at the Derby.
Remember it with fondness.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Never thought of it. Had also never thought of a sugar/salt/chili mix on pineapple and other fruit before going to Thailand. Loved that, and still do, so why not this? Could be good.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Doesn't matter what you put on them, strawberries will always taste like shit.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Marmalade on kippers?

The old man had a black lad in his regiment during the war who was unfamiliar with English 'cuisine' and what went with what and . . . . .you can guess the rest (the old man thought it was hilarious). Me? I tried it and it's delicious :shrug:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Yep.
[MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] try cutting the sweetness of the balsamic with a smidgen of mirin.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
My daughter refused to touch them when she was a kid. Asked her why, when she got older and she said the colour scared her :lol:

As for strawberry with black pepper. A bit poncey. I'll stick with sugar and cream

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here