Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Pub help crazy government decisons

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Many boozers will really struggle to survive this lockdown because of the ludicrous Govt. policy. :wanker:

They can sell take-out food, but not take out beer. wt absolute f??

This is what kept many pubs afloat last time.

1000s are emailing their MPs to moan. I had a real go at mine.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
This lockdown is bullshit on so many levels.

Why can't pubs sell take away booze? Why can't gyms can't open when they clearly have mental and physical health benefits. Kids can't play sport but can go to school? Golf and tennis?

If all of the above spread the virus show us the stats? How dare you shut down peoples lives and not share correct information. It's beyond me.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Many boozers will really struggle to survive this lockdown because of the ludicrous Govt. policy. :wanker:

I have emailed Andrew Griffith my MP

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
This lockdown is bullshit on so many levels.

Why can't pubs sell take away booze? Why can't gyms can't open when they clearly have mental and physical health benefits. Kids can't play sport but can go to school? Golf and tennis?

If all of the above spread the virus show us the stats? How dare you shut down peoples lives and not share correct information. It's beyond me.

Can't argue with much of that.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the beer restriction is daft and unreasonable, they didn't in the stricter spring lockdown. the anti-drink lobby getting their oar in?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

My local is Brooksteed Alehouse, they have been only to happy to sell takeouts before and during lockdowns.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Madness

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can they do home deliveries? As the supermarkets can, it seems unfair not to let pubs - who are very disadvantaged compared to the supermarkets anyway even at the best of times.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
the beer restriction is daft and unreasonable, they didn't in the stricter spring lockdown. the anti-drink lobby getting their oar in?
Quite possibly, the Supermarkets mustn't be able to believe their luck. This pandemic is putting thousands of competitors out of business. Why is it safe to walk round a supermarket with a mask on but not any other shop ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Pubs make more on food than the booze so it might actually be better for them financially.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Unfortunately, as is always the case, the stupid minority spoil things for the majority, like here...

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink/residents-disgusted-crowds-people-drink-4260091

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Some wonderful hypocrisy on here. Many of the tens of thousands of now closed pubs over the last 20 years will be asking...where were you when we needed you? Oh, that’s right, drinking cheap supermarket booze in front of the TV every night...

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
With Tesco deliveries you cannot have alcohol delivered after 10pm like I drink the whole lot as soon as it arrives just like I eat all the food on the first night! Mind you this is Wales!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

I can't talk about anywhere else but my experience last time was people were just drinking on the street. In fact technically, my local has never actually closed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here