Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oh well.

Are there any refs we don’t hate? :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Stephens is on the opposing team now.

Small shinpads for our attacking players with instructions to scream as they drop to the turf and to snatch the yellow card out of Dean’s hand whilst pointing to blood on their socks then.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He seems to have toned it down a bit this season, perhaps not having a crowd to play to has helped him.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
"Stephens, pings it out to Barnes. Barnes knocks it first time in to Wood. Good move this from Burnley. Wood looks up, sees Stephens continue his run, perfect ball to the edge of the area.......TOP CORNER à la Wigan away. One nothing Burnley."

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I feel sorry for all of them as it must be difficult being that shit at your job. That fukwit can’t say his name it angers me so much who decided to give Manure an extra 3 minutes after we scored the equaliser blew the whistle straight after West Ham equalised at WHL what an utter c..u..n..t Then we have Attwell who thinks a tap on the shoulder is a penalty and Cahill strangling our players in the box isn’t :shrug: ...every game we are venting at refs that shouldn’t be the case and week after week they get away with it.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Good, he's one of the best we have.

Yep - it might not make sense but he is very, very good 99.9% of the time. He just has some very, very bad moments as well. Other refs make a fair few more mistakes but when Dean makes one, he makes it a good 'un.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
I actually think he's one of the better ones these days. Certainly not someone who'd be bullied into making decisions one way or another.

And to be honest, the Stephens red card is far from the worst decision I've ever seen someone make (which ironically came against Burnley at home two season ago, courtesy of Mr Attwell, though our mate 'Hoops' runs him close with that Bournemouth penalty he gave a few years ago).

Had a listen to him on the Peter Crouch Podcast and he genuinely seems like a decent guy:
https://youtu.be/cqZjvoUfyrY

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I don’t even worry what ref we have anymore as they are all useless and all VAR has achieved is shining a light on how poor they actually are.

Given the profile of the PL and money involved the quality of officiating at this level is simply embarrassing

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Football is rubbish, isn't it? I hate it. Always have. Bunch of silly buggers running around in a field. As for the referees, complete jumped up little Hitlers, the lot of them. Sometimes I get so angry I almost smash the television.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
"Stephens, pings it out to Barnes. Barnes knocks it first time in to Wood. Good move this from Burnley. Wood looks up, sees Stephens continue his run, perfect ball to the edge of the area.......TOP CORNER à la Wigan away. One nothing Burnley."

Yes, you just know it ! And Stephens will boss the midfield always looking to go forward and deliver a defence splitting pass.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Football is rubbish, isn't it? I hate it. Always have. Bunch of silly buggers running around in a field. As for the referees, complete jumped up little Hitlers, the lot of them. Sometimes I get so angry I almost smash the television.

Admittedly under the influence of spending Sunday afternoon in the pub, I completely lost it on Sunday evening when Lamptey scored.

"GET IN!!!! **** you Spurs you cheating ****ing bunch of ****ing *****" etc etc.

Mrs P had to come upstairs and tell me to stop shouting :lolol:

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Admittedly under the influence of spending Sunday afternoon in the pub, I completely lost it on Sunday evening when Lamptey scored.

"GET IN!!!! **** you Spurs you cheating ****ing bunch of ****ing *****" etc etc.

Mrs P had to come upstairs and tell me to stop shouting :lolol:

:lolol: :bowdown:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I actually think he's one of the most honest about. At least he's not some faceless arrogant twonk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here