Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] AFC Wimbledon

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Good luck to them in their 'new' home. Or rather, their re-built home in Plough Lane, which they return to today.

The way we got ripped out of the Goldstone Ground is one thing - but they had their entire club stolen, and I take great pleasure from seeing them above MK Dons in the table.

_115178600_ploughlanetrevorwilliams.jpg

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Good luck to them in their 'new' home. Or rather, their re-built home in Plough Lane, which they return to today.

The way we got ripped out of the Goldstone Ground is one thing - but they had their entire club stolen, and I take great pleasure from seeing them above MK Dons in the table.

_115178600_ploughlanetrevorwilliams.jpg

As does any right thinking football fan. Hopefully they can get in their ground soon

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Nice. Good luck to them. Brilliant story this one

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

And good luck to our young Ryan Longman who will now be playing there - perhaps he can score the first goal back at Plough Lane!

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I'm guessing he means the fans. It must be particularly frustrating for them and Brentford.

And similarly for Leeds (oh well).

I bet Wimbledon fans will have the same feeling as us when we had our first game at the Amex. Such a shame the pademic has delayed this.So please they have done this.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Pedant Alert - it's not the original Plough Lane (that's a housing estate now) but the old Wimbledon Greyhound Stadium, now newly named as Plough Lane

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I'm guessing he means the fans. It must be particularly frustrating for them and Brentford.

And similarly for Leeds (oh well).

It probably won’t happen, but I would laugh my head off if Leeds got relegated before a single fan could watch a premier league game after all that time.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Fantastic for them, nice to see. Looking forward to making a trip at some point in the future when we are allowed. 2025 maybe?

What is the capacity?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Nice bit of symmetry as their first game is against ........ Doncaster Rovers.

Hopefully Wimbledon learn from our mistake though and don't brutally murder one of the Donny players.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I’ve followed their return saga for the past few years, it’s a wonderful wombling news. Best football story this year by far. Really excited for them.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Sorry to put the alternative view, but they ousted other sports from the site with no alternative provision and didn’t care nor see the irony compared to their own hard luck story.

I’ve no time for them any more. Hypocrites.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Sorry to put the alternative view, but they ousted other sports from the site with no alternative provision and didn’t care nor see the irony compared to their own hard luck story.

I’ve no time for them any more. Hypocrites.

Greyhound racing?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here