Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] New Boiler advise - 2020

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I have seen there are older threads but not sure how they reflect today's prices.

Basically looking for a combi boiler for a 4 bed house supplied and fitted in Eastbourne.

Need a few quotes for comparison so any names and numbers will be welcome.

TIA

scooter1

How soon is now?
We’ve just had to replace our boiler as part of a loft conversion, and bought an Ideal Combi +c30. I think it was about £1100 with the wireless controller and is very good. We’ve gone from a 3 bed bungalow to a 4 bedrooms over 2 floors and it can handle two showers going at the same time, albeit both drop a little in pressure.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
We’ve just had to replace our boiler as part of a loft conversion, and bought an Ideal Combi +c30. I think it was about £1100 with the wireless controller and is very good. We’ve gone from a 3 bed bungalow to a 4 bedrooms over 2 floors and it can handle two showers going at the same time, albeit both drop a little in pressure.

How much was installation if you don't mind me asking?

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Had ours done a while back. With filter, boiler a bit of a move and flush and smart heating it was around 3k. Most quotes were 3-5k but thats in Hertfordshire.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Haven’t had a boiler installed - but Carl Whiston (Pier to Pier Plumbing) has done a number of jobs for me and has always been very good and reliable. And decent prices. He does system installations so could be worth a try for a quote

https://www.checkatrade.com/trades/PierToPierPlumbing/

07767 783521

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I won't be the last to recommend them I'm sure but Charlie at Pavillion Plumbing and Heating did ours a couple of years ago

Cheaper than any other quote I had and did a good job, ensuring we weren't left without heating overnight in winter with an 8 month old baby was a massive help as well.

We went with a weather compensating system, not much extra outlay but apparently one of the most efficient ways of keeping a house warm, Vaillant made the boiler.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I won't be the last to recommend them I'm sure but Charlie at Pavillion Plumbing and Heating did ours a couple of years ago

Cheaper than any other quote I had and did a good job, ensuring we weren't left without heating overnight in winter with an 8 month old baby was a massive help as well.

We went with a weather compensating system, not much extra outlay but apparently one of the most efficient ways of keeping a house warm, Vaillant made the boiler.

This

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Another here for Pavilion Plumbing, Charlie and Chris installed our Vaillant hybrid combi boiler and a load of plumbing stuff. Stuck to their quote despite a few changes, always available when needed, nice guys to work with at a reasonable price.

wallington seagull

Sep 8, 2003
I have seen there are older threads but not sure how they reflect today's prices.

Basically looking for a combi boiler for a 4 bed house supplied and fitted in Eastbourne.

Need a few quotes for comparison so any names and numbers will be welcome.

TIA

Moved to Eastbourne 5 years ago, had a Worcester/Bosch combi supplied and fitted by Mark Bishop Plumbing and Heating for my 3 bed house. 2 showers working together, no problem. Can't remember the exact price but was competitive at the time and annual service is £72. Would recommend them.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
We had 3 quotes about 5 years ago then British Gas came round as was on home service deal - gave us an ok quote, told them what to beat - they did and gave home service free for a year. Cost about £2.1k fully installed for a 4 bed house - Worcester/Bosch

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Back in June 2019 we had a new Viessman combi boiler fitted by Graphite Heating and Plumbing based in Polegate High street. We were very pleased with job and price was reasonable.

If looking for quotes in Eastbourne area I would be wary of Abacus Flame based in Seaside Road. We had previously used them and they were fine. However, got them to quote for a problem with mother in laws toilet and they insisted £500 as not fixable and part no longer available. I got Element heating and Plumbing round and he fixed it in 25 mins for £80.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Good mine installed by an independent gas engineer for under £2k last year. Bargaintastic. That was for a flat, though, not a house.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I paid £2k in 2017. That was for a system boiler, not combi but included a Nest thermostat.
I used Chris Beeney, he's eastbourne based. *07885 572015‬

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Another here for Pavilion Plumbing, Charlie and Chris installed our Vaillant hybrid combi boiler and a load of plumbing stuff. Stuck to their quote despite a few changes, always available when needed, nice guys to work with at a reasonable price.

Can you expand on that at all ?

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
How do you get on with the Nest thermostat, any problems?

They're ok, work with both 230v and Opentherm, which is a better way of communicating with boiler's, esp Viessmann's. Can be a pest when they 'self learn' and forget how long it takes to heat up your house, and randomly decide to stick heating on at 3am..
And of course need to sit on the table top stand (£40) or be wired 12v from the receiver..

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Can be a pest when they 'self learn' and forget how long it takes to heat up your house, and randomly decide to stick heating on at 3am..

:lolol:
Ah, this is what I was hoping to hear.
I no longer fit boilers and haven’t done for a while, I had a new boiler ( Glow worm system) fitted as a replacement this year, also had a Nest thermostat.
I got up at 2.30 AM for the fist 5 days to shut the heating off, Mrs has the heating programme on her iPad and phone and the heating was set to go off at 11PM and on at 6AM.
I rang the installer who I know, he didn’t know why, the Nest helpline thought I was making it up.
Mrs went online and found the answer in the end.

I’m not a fan of it myself, it seems to have a mind of it’s own :shrug: I was at home on Saturday and the temp showed 22 and heating on, I turned the thermostat right down, 10 minutes later it was back on at 22.

I’m not really up on these things at all, I’m used to a normal room stat where as you know, turn it down very low and you definitely know it’s not going to turn the heating on unless it’s freezing :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here