Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Christian Walton (permanent transfer to Ipswich)

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
After last nights showing and if he’s going to get a run in the team Sanchez seems to have overtaken Walton I wonder now where this leaves him? He’s possibly gone from number 2 to 4th choice in a couple of months without even kicking a ball

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
After last nights showing and if he’s going to get a run in the team Sanchez seems to have overtaken Walton I wonder now where this leaves him? He’s possibly gone from number 2 to 4th choice in a couple of months without even kicking a ball

I've had the feeling for some time that Sanchez was moving ahead of Walton, or at least was likely to do so sooner rather than later.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Sanchez just has the look as if ready to flatten anyone at a moments notice as and when needed; very likely to inspire confidence in the defence

Stockdale had this at times towards end of his time with us

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Agree that Walton is probably 3rd or 4th choice now. Tough luck for the fella but that is football

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Who?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Walton would have been amazing were we still in the Champ (like when we signed him). Just feel Sanchez has more potential and is already on a similar level.

Walton can choose to be a career back-up or go start somewhere in the Champ which makes much more sense. Loan to buy?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I reckon Walton or Steele will be off in January.

Both go into the last 6 months of their contracts so we will be very happy to get a fee.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Thst is brillint news, him and Jose could be like new signings when they are fit to play. More options for Potter.

He played for the U-23s against Manchester United on November 6, so he's been back a while.

I don't hold out much hope that he'll ever be in serious contention for the Albion first-team 'keeper job, though.

D

Deleted member 2719

He played for the U-23s against Manchester United on November 6, so he's been back a while.

I don't hold out much hope that he'll ever be in serious contention for the Albion first-team 'keeper job, though.

Why do you think that? is it a distribution thing? I rate him personally.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
When Burnley signed Nick Pope from Charlton (who had just been relegated from the Championship) he was their third choice goalkeeper behind Tom Heaton and Paul Robinson (the former England number 1). He didn't play the whole season, then the following season Heaton got injured early and Robinson had retired so Pope inherited the shirt. Look at him now.

Christian Walton has played more league games (156) than Pope (110, including loan spells in non-League football), before Pope got his Premier League chance. I'd argue that Pope was no more than a Steele type signing, needing a number 3 goalkeeper and needing them to be British for the quota. He's turned out remarkably well, why not Walton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here