Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The World Cup

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Can't wait for this to start, after the year we've had, and many global events cancelled good to see this is one of the events still going ahead with world prominence. Some really tasty first round clashes to look forward road well. Would be great to see a long run from England to help boost the nation's morale at this difficult time.

Friday November 6
Afternoon Session (1300 local time, 1200 GMT)
8x First Round
Lithuania v Gibraltar
Hong Kong v China
Portugal v Hungary
New Zealand v Denmark
Northern Ireland v Canada
Belgium v Uganda
Austria v USA
England v Samoa

Evening Session (1900 local time, 1800 GMT)
8x First Round
Italy v Spain
Sweden v Greece
Japan v Scotland
Peru v South Africa
Republic of Ireland v Australia
Wales v Russia
Germany v Uruguay
Netherlands v Brazil

:O

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The fact that I don't know what sport you're on about says about how much I feel about this particular event :shrug:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The day I start watching pub games on TV is the day I give up on life. I would literally rather watch my freezer defrost.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The day I start watching pub games on TV is the day I give up on life. I would literally rather watch my freezer defrost.

Could you watch mine as well? Maybe it would give me the motivation to do it. Could stream it perhaps. Only £10, cheaper than watching Brighton lose.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Can't wait for this to start, after the year we've had, and many global events cancelled good to see this is one of the events still going ahead with world prominence. Some really tasty first round clashes to look forward road well. Would be great to see a long run from England to help boost the nation's morale at this difficult time.

Friday November 6
8x First Round
Lithuania v Gibraltar
Hong Kong v China
Portugal v Hungary
New Zealand v Denmark
Belgium v Uganda
Austria v USA
England v Samoa

8x First Round
Italy v Spain
Sweden v Greece
Japan v Scotland
Peru v South Africa
Wales v Russia
Germany v Uruguay
Netherlands v Brazil

Looking forward to see Samoa's most famous supporter...

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I thought this was going to be about the World Cup of Tube Lines that is currently in the Quarter Final stage at the moment.

Go Victoria Line!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Is there too much darts on TV right now? If it's not on Sky then ITV4
At some point it could be overkill.

There probably is, but this is the World Cup, and national pride is a stake, these players will be desperate to lift silverware for their respective countries. It is the most open tournament in years too, you could make a case for 8 countries winning it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Could you watch mine as well? Maybe it would give me the motivation to do it. Could stream it perhaps. Only £10, cheaper than watching Brighton lose.

If I can have the Findus Crispy Bake Pancakes and the radio on, you've got yourself a deal.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sorry, is this Tiddlywinks, Subbuteo ?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Belgium v Uganda

This is what sport is all about.

At the very least, the Uganda Darts Association deserve more than the current 10 views of their 2020 press conference video.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There probably is, but this is the World Cup, and national pride is a stake, these players will be desperate to lift silverware for their respective countries. It is the most open tournament in years too, you could make a case for 8 countries winning it.

Don't overcook it Crodo. You have already created a lively debate :rolleyes::lolol:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Which is, presumably, why there's no sweepstake.......

Gurjit's off work with genital warts at the moment, if I can find an alternative moderator to ensure a fair draw and there is demand I'll do a sweepstake tomorrow.

Yoda

English & European

Friday November 6
8x First Round
Lithuania v Gibraltar
Hong Kong v China
Portugal v Hungary
New Zealand v Denmark
Belgium v Uganda
Austria v USA
England v Samoa

8x First Round
Italy v Spain
Sweden v Greece
Japan v Scotland
Peru v South Africa
Wales v Russia
Germany v Uruguay
Netherlands v Brazil

Have I missed something? I thought England were playing against Ilagan & Malicdem of the Philippines?

Also, where are the Czech Rep, Poland & Finland?

Rep. Ireland vs Australia looks like a tasty game though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here