Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Shots on Target

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Tonight just 2.
I am not slagging off the team or management at all. But come on saying we are unlucky all the time etc. Yes we play nice looking stuff but we are not scoring the goals or looking like we will.

Tonight 2 shots on target and people on here saying we deserved a draw. The team selection tonight was typical Potter but not playing any strikers is madness.

I hope of course I am proved wrong and a bed wetter but I think this season is heading in a very worrying direction. But hey ho Burnley next week so fingers crossed.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Assuming we can beat Burnley next week we will have 2 wins in 2 months which has been par for us over the last 3 years for Prem survival. Yes, I'm not convinced we have really moved on but if we can buy a decent striker next summer then I'm convinced we can move up the division in seasons to come. Bear in mind we have the youngest team in the Prem and today with NO strikers I think 2 shots on target is pretty decent. I want better, but if we remain 16th in the division this season I for one would accept this.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Tonight just 2.
I am not slagging off the team or management at all. But come on saying we are unlucky all the time etc. Yes we play nice looking stuff but we are not scoring the goals or looking like we will.

Tonight 2 shots on target and people on here saying we deserved a draw. The team selection tonight was typical Potter but not playing any strikers is madness.

I hope of course I am proved wrong and a bed wetter but I think this season is heading in a very worrying direction. But hey ho Burnley next week so fingers crossed.

My Goal Alert App says 4 shots on target for Brighton.

The BBC site says 6 on target although they’re not usually very accurate.

Last edited:

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Assuming we can beat Burnley next week we will have 2 wins in 2 months which has been par for us over the last 3 years for Prem survival. Yes, I'm not convinced we have really moved on but if we can buy a decent striker next summer then I'm convinced we can move up the division in seasons to come. Bear in mind we have the youngest team in the Prem and today with NO strikers I think 2 shots on target is pretty decent. I want better, but if we remain 16th in the division this season I for one would accept this.

Massive IF , can’t see us winning tbh, 0-0’ written all over it

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The Simpsons even predicted Potterball

Attachments

• Potterball 2020 v1.jpg
    Potterball 2020 v1.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 314

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Man U and Arsenal both had two shots on target.
Newcastle and Everton both had 4 shots on target.
Oh, and Spurs had 3 shots on target.

No doubt fans of these clubs are also desperately changing nappies as we speak.

But I agree a win in Friday is well needed.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Collosal game, even at this stage of the season.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

We have also scored more goals than 10 other teams.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
We have no cutting edge and zero presence up front, I think most people understand this.

Thanks Dazzer, Yes i agree!. We really do have some dozy ************************'s on this forum. Oh ! shall we mention we have scored in EVERY premier league game this season . Oh no,it doesn't suit the agenda.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Thanks Dazzer, Yes i agree!. We really do have some dozy ************************'s on this forum. Oh ! shall we mention we have scored in EVERY premier league game this season . Oh no,it doesn't suit the agenda.

There’s no agenda. In my opinion, for all the possession we have, for all of the time we spend moving the ball around the 18 yard box we have little penetration, we never get in behind the opposition. I appreciate we’ve scored in every game, but for all of the possession and attacking football we play we’ve got about as much bite as an OAP with their teeth out. When we play two strikers the opposition have something to think about, we don’t have a striker capable of causing too much trouble on their own.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
There’s no agenda. In my opinion, for all the possession we have, for all of the time we spend moving the ball around the 18 yard box we have little penetration, we never get in behind the opposition. I appreciate we’ve scored in every game, but for all of the possession and attacking football we play we’ve got about as much bite as an OAP with their teeth out. When we play two strikers the opposition have something to think about, we don’t have a striker capable of causing too much trouble on their own.

That's why i am in agreement with you. I mean't agenda from the post YOU quoted, sorry i didn't make this clear. But i did say i agree with you.

Let's put it better, great post i totally agree.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here